Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default Minecraft Resource Pack [INFINITE RPG]

Hey all! I haven't posted anything in forever, but I've been working on a resource pack for Minecraft using zBrush and Photoshop; now that I've released it I thought I'd share my workflow...

Check out he Minecraft Forum post here: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...resource-pack/

www.tristanflor.com

--Available For Hire--

Hey guys this is my Minecraft zombie...

www.tristanflor.com

--Available For Hire--

This is the creeper I did for my pack... I think I was a little too ambitious, and didn't stick close enough to the in game proportions, so it doesn't look that good when applied to the model. Eventually I'll either have to remake the entire model, or see if I can do a better job of cutting it up in Photoshop. Anyway, I was pleased with the way it looks on It's own.

www.tristanflor.com

--Available For Hire--

I've really enjoyed working on the mobs for this, it's given me an excuse to go back to character modeling; something I haven't been able to do for a while because of other work, and time taken for the 2D textures.
    Here's the next mob that I'm working on... the skeleton

I'm planning on making a scene with this skeleton in iron armor wielding an axe, and two bare skeleton archers on either side.
    I have more work to do on this one, I still plan on adding damage to the armor, and texturing it all (not to mention posing everything).

www.tristanflor.com

--Available For Hire--

Here's the skeleton with damage. The cloth is really tough to get down, because it's supposed to be really loose and torn. If anyone has some good reference images that would help me replicate that kind of look, I'd be interested to see it.

www.tristanflor.com

--Available For Hire--

Nice work, and LOVE the P.Dinklage !

Lol, I think you posted in the the wrong thread... but thanks for the visit.

And, I agree the P. Dinklage by Jempix is extremely good. I assume that's the one you're talking about.
    www.tristanflor.com

--Available For Hire--

WOW aaaaaand I'm an idiot, twas a late night for me haha. Still your work is really nice, especially the creeper.

Here Is the Skeleton Knight posed in a roughed out dungeon...

The dungeon environment was created using the minecraft textures as a displacement map on simple objects (cubes, planes etc.).

At this point everything has been unwrapped using UV master, and most of the textures have been made. The next step will be getting a better render in Maya.

www.tristanflor.com

--Available For Hire--

badass thread! Have been considering doing some minecraft creations in Zbrush, but don't think I can top your re-designs! good job!

I'm going to have to show my son this one. He's going to flip when he sees the quality. Great job.
    Reminds me of the Blizzard tutorial a while back when they showed how they made environment textures for WoW in ZBrush.

@SammehSAMURAI: Glad you like the work! Don't worry about trying to "top" anyone's work, if you've got ideas show them off. Having people sharing their ideas, good, bad, original, or unoriginal is what breeds inspiration; and inspiration is always good.

@Wyatt: Thanks, I'm glad it was an interesting look... really I'm surprised no one (to my knowledge) has used Zbrush to do Minecraft textures before. It's a good way to practice doing textures for a videogame, that can then be used by a lot of people almost immediately.
    www.tristanflor.com

--Available For Hire--

I decided to take a break from the skeleton because I had an Idea for the iron golem.

Here is a concept... it's a render taken from Zbrush which I then drew details on in Photoshop to come up with ideas.

www.tristanflor.com

--Available For Hire--

Here is the progress I've made so far... It was done using Zremesher and panel loops on the original concept sculpt.

www.tristanflor.com

--Available For Hire--

Here is what I have done for the arms, I also changed the head a little bit. I'm working on the legs now and will be done soon.

www.tristanflor.com

--Available For Hire--

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast