ZBrushCentral

The Wolverine

Hey peeps. I just finished up my wolverine for a silent auction gallery for one of my teachers at San Jose State that passed away. The overall theme was super hero’s. We were able to pick three off of a list and because I’m working towards trying to cosplay as wolverine (still a little ways away) I decided to pick wolverine first.

I created wolverine off of a base mesh I had in Zbrush. I tried to stick to the (my idea of classic) 1990’s Marvel Vs. Capcom color pallet and design. I then started to think more about my composition. I knew I didn’t want just wolverine so I started to play around with the idea of modeling a sentinel. Some compositions had nearly the entire sentinel in it but due to time I really needed to focus in and get it done. I’m pretty pleased with the overall result.

If there’s any interest I can post a few breakdowns.

I’ll keep you guy’s posted about the online gallery.

Enjoy!

Attachments

kitzmann_wolverine03close01.jpg

kitzmann_wolverine03close02.jpg

kitzmann_wolverine03close03.jpg

kitzmann_wolverine03sml.jpg

Amazing Work! I thing i saw a wip of this somewhere, but not sure. Would love to see the breakdown! What was the Basemesh?

Hey Chris thanks for the kind words. Yeah I had a small WIP thread on CGFeedback. The basemesh was just an average male model I had. Didn’t have to do much retopo on the main body, but retopoed the gloves and boots.

Fantastic work, love the lighting and homage to the retro xmen!!!

A teacher/friend Jules Jammal passed away a few months ago so a few San Jose State alumni and I have gotten together to create a charity art auction in his name. 100% of the proceeds for the “Jules Jammal Scholarship” will go towards funding annual scholarships for future SJSU Animation/ Illustration students who embody the work ethic and character that Jules demonstrated within the program.

The auction features a wide range of superheroes ranging from classic favorites such as Batman, Spiderman, and Wonder Woman; extending to more obscure selections including the Tick, Powerpuff Girls, and Super Grover.

https://www.doodlebender.com/auctions/jules-jammal-superhero-art-auction/items

julesGallery.jpg