Default deathnight sculpts

Here is the man I did with sculptris.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	my mano.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	15.1 KB 
ID:	416113  

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

I see an improvement here DK, Just keep referring back to Dreamz thread http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthr...ference-Images and try for basics. and of course keep sketching away at it. I think one day you will reach a point and say.. "I got this now" Also try and keep your work in this thread. Don't worry, there will be always be someone around to offer encouragement and sometimes advice. Spork had good advice in that last thread. I think the nose is a great place to start also.
    They say time is the fire in which we burn. Quick! Someone get a fire extinguisher!

Member Follow User Gallery

I'd say the most valuable thing you can do is to desconstruct, and think anatomically.
    The human body is one of the most amazing and beautiful things in the world - even under the skin.
    Don't just think about the complete outer shape - think about the underlying structure and why things stick out where they do.
    You don't need a surgeon's knowledge of the inner workings of the body, just a basic understanding of what bone and muscle mass is where, how they interact and how the thickness or thinness of the skin flows over them. Let this inform the shape of your sculpture. Get those sub-masses right (or even close) and the rest of your sculpture will largely make itself. This works for faces as well as bodies.
    I spent years ignoring that advice and I can't tell you how much and how quickly your art - be it drawing, painting or sculpture - will improve once you take it on board.
    Try these resources - even a cursory glance through will tell you how you can improve your figures.

Anatomy References for Artists
    Human Anatomy - Muscular
    Human Anatomy Artist Reference on Pinterest

Each day before you sculpt, pend a bit of time looking at these, and whenever you see a photo or a painting or a sculpture of a person, think about the underlying structure. It makes everything from people-watching to art browsing more interesting and you'll be glad you did it when you next go to create something.

Sorry to blether on, but hope it helps

Is it okay to use jpeg images.That is what i have been using.

Yeah you are fine with jpegs dk. Good start on the noses . Needs more refining but you can always do another one. There are many different nose types you can have fun with
    They say time is the fire in which we burn. Quick! Someone get a fire extinguisher!

Sphere cube

That last head is showing me a lot of progress DK you need to pull the back of his head out a little but definitely improved!

Thankyou very much there will be more to come.I am working on another head.

Since you are getting the basic head form down, try going over it with the smoothing tool. It will help blend it into a unified shape. Good luck, keep sculpting.

Mohawk head

havelina boy

Another good start

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast