ZBrushCentral

narendraK First Sketchbook

Hello all this is my first sketchbook where I will share my WIPs and sketches as much I can. I welcome your comments, feedback, critiques, suggestions, etc. so GAME ON!

This is my recent wip of a zombie based on Patrick Reilly Chunk’s concept art.
zombie_wip_1.jpg

Here is the final render after poly painting done. Not satisfactory, can someone suggest a good tutorial for lighting and poly painting so that I can get more skills? I also want to create 3d print hence will thank if you have some suggestions.
zombie-final.jpg

Attachments

zombie-final.jpg

Hey hey

i really like the sculpt…

in terms of poly painting monsters I find starting with two base colours (blue and red) and then start overlaying this with a low intensity skin tone using the standard brush with scatter setting which helps to provide and more natural variation in the skin tone.

For the red and blue under base as a rule I use the blue for areas where bone would naturally be quiet close to the surface and large cavities ( I.e joints) and then I use a deep red for large muscle areas ( biceps, back muscles etc).

once I have the skin in a good place then I add finer detail (I.e pores and warts) using a positive dam standard or standard brush with a low intensity , Alfa and colour of choice.

I used this technique on my last sculpt - http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?187773-Demon-in-the-Dark-First-Post&highlight=Demon

A great place for tutorials I find is digitaltutors.com however there is a subscription fee, but it is one hell of a resource to help problem solve and learn.

i am completely self taught so if anyone has better advice or tips feel free to let rip.

Looking forward to to seeing the finished piece.

cheers
Dave

Re-done the poly painting and also tried to export it for 3d printing but unable to upload in pinshape.com because of file size 205 mb. Will work on another project to give myself a break from this project.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg

Attachments

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Hi, I am just doing some random sketches to get my hands on sculpting. This is a simple alien head. The main purpose to create this is just a simple warm up and improving form & proportion. Comments are welcome as always.

alien wip1.jpg

Hi, this is another random sketch to enhance my skill. Inspired with Dr. Frankenstein character.
frank-1.jpg

Here I tried to work on Morgan Freeman’s face. A long way to go before I get perfection.

wip.jpg

Got a chance to follow Jerad S. Marantz’s 3D Creature Design: Alien Rock Grubbertutorial with my friend. Here is the tutorial link

Here is my try for the creature. I have modified a little as what I felt.
Screenshot 2014-09-23 05.14.49.pngScreenshot 2014-09-23 05.16.41.pngScreenshot-2014-09-23-05.16.57.jpg

Attachments

Screenshot 2014-09-23 05.14.49.png

Screenshot 2014-09-23 05.16.41.png

Screenshot-2014-09-23-05.16.57.jpg

Hi, this is my entry for Pinshape’s 3D Creature Contest
Please see my entry link “Snake Eater Creature”. Well it doesn’t stand a chance to win but I will keep trying to get it through.

container_creature-render.jpgcreature-1.jpgcreature-2.jpgcreature-3.jpg

This is my recent sculpt an spider like creature. Tried keyshot first time. All suggestions, comments are helpful for me and will be welcomed.
creature.jpg

Attachments

creature.jpg

Created this alien character last night. Rendered in keyshot while following a tutorial Gumroad ***8211; Concepting an Alien in Zbrush and Keyshot by Josh P Crockett

Have a look friends and suggestions, feedback are most welcome.

alien_final-2.jpgalien_final_optimized.jpg

Attachments

alien_final-2.jpg

alien_final_optimized.jpg

Working on character for TRIBE challenge. Although I have missed the deadline but will finish this soon.

TRIBE.jpg

Worked on Jerad S. Marantz’s 3D Creature Design: Alien Rock Grubbertutorial rendered in keyshot with some modifications.

demon.jpg

Attachments

demon.jpg

Male face WIP.

potrait-1.jpg

Attachments

potrait-1.jpg

My first tryout for complete character sculpt.
assasin's-creed.jpg
assasin's-creed-render-1.jpg

Attachments

assasin's-creed.jpg

assasin's-creed-render-1.jpg

Dragon I did in my free time.
2.jpg
1.jpg

Attachments

1.jpg

2.jpg

I just finished the poly painting and key shot rendering. I think the dragon is final. Time to work on the new character.

dragon-optimized.jpg
render.1.jpg

Attachments

dragon-optimized.jpg

render.1.jpg

I worked on my character and added some more details to it. I think, I am done with sculpting. Next step is poly painting that I am gonna start soon.
darth_nihilus-wip-2.jpgdarth_nihilus-wip.jpg

Attachments

darth_nihilus-wip-2.jpg

darth_nihilus-wip.jpg

My latest WIP for Star Wars Reimagined - Darth Nihilus Rebirth.
untitled.14.jpg

Attachments

untitled.14.jpg

Latest WIP.

darth_nihilus_WIP-optimized.jpg

Attachments

darth_nihilus_WIP-optimized.jpg