Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Artbot wrote: I do understand marketing a bit, but just that same, as a consumer I like to know what I'm getting when I buy a product--when it comes to Keyshot I hope the folks at Luxion describe exactly what we will be able to get, and do, in this new offer... as well as explain if there is an upgrade path to a higher-pixel-count-output-version with all the bells and whistles (if that is necessary) -- and what that means in $.
    Hi Art. They are answering questions about it in this thread, hope it helps:

https://www.keyshot.com/forum/index....ic,8327.0.html

By the way, yes there is a Pro version of Keyshot that has unlimited resolution and animation. But it costs $2000.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Just heard back from Marmoset Toolbag about render output and how it renders. Here is his answer to me:

Toolbag 2 is a GPU-based renderer, and when it comes to output resolution it has no strict resolution limit. The output options in Toolbag 2 will present several common resolution presets supported by your graphics card/processor, but also offers custom resolutions to be entered manually. In fact you will probably run into file type resolution limits before you run into any hardware limits. For example .tga I believe has a resolution limit of 65k x 65k.
    ---Wolff On The Prowl---

New Member Follow User Gallery

Default videos of the event?

So is it standard policy to keep these live streaming events live only? I haven't seen any mention of whether the videos will be posted somewhere or if we're out of luck if we couldn't watch the live event. That would be so disappointing...

Rod.

It was mentioned during the Summit that the videos would be posted online. However, since there's so much footage, it's going to take a while to process everything. The ZB4r7 teaser that was recently released includes video from the Pixologic presentations during the summit.

Member Follow User Gallery

Default Until the vids are uploaded...

Last edited by Shellac; 08-20-14 at 03:38 PM. Reason: misspelling

thanks so much for the response. glad to hear that the videos will be posted. What a relief and I look forward to reviewing.

But because it is 1/ limited to the Keyshot-ZBrush bridge and cannot work with anything else, and 2/ limited to a web output - it is too small for print except large postcards - I can, despite the high-quality it delivers, not be very enthusiastic about it.
    On the page linked below you will find a statement by Aurick saying the resolution will be higher than the Keyshot Hd version. I agree with you completely. What you get for the price is not competitive for the current market at all and there are plenty of alternatives that offer more for comparable prices. Aurick hasn't stated how much higher yet. But if it's unlimited I will consider Keyshot for zbrush. I'm currently looking at renderers to purchase and will wait a bit till Keyshot for Zbrush gets released to make my choice. If the output reoslution is unlimited I will consider buying Keyshot for Zbrush. If not, it's not even a candidate and I will go for either, Octane, Renderman (Which will be free for non commercial use and 500 dollar for commercial use) or Marmoset toolbag 2.

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthr...Recaps)/page28

Where's Disney Presentation full video in Summit 2014?

Super Moderator Follow User Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Krikalev
    Where's Disney Presentation full video in Summit 2014?
    Disney asked us not to post it. But there is a bit that you can see at the beginning here:

Don't miss the Pixologic YouTube Channel

Questions about using ZBrush? Check out these valuable resources:

ZBrush Tutorial Movies: Link
    Download Center: (PDF documentation, models, plugins): Link

Online Documentation: Link

ZBC FAQ: http://www.zbrushcentral.com/faq.php
    ZBC Advanced Search:
    http://www.zbrushcentral.com/search....st&forumchoice

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 410111213