Default Nuzzletops' Progress Book

Hey everyone,
    I'm another new sculptor trying to get better. 3D modelling has always been a big interest of mine, I've just been content at my current job, and my current job makes it hard to find time to learn something new, especially something so time intensive as 3D. But those are excuses and I've decided to create time for it.

I've messed around getting to know the tools in sculptris, made some silly creature and failed at a few different monster torsos. So I watched some lessons on sculpting anatomy and these are my first results.

I welcome all critiques, tips, feedback... anything, I'm trying to better myself so I'll take all the help I can get. I definitely feel the male was more successful, and it was easier than the female. The breasts gave me a lot of problems, as did the female clavicle and her muscles coming down from the back of the neck (forget the name right now). Her lower back might be off a lot as well...

Anyway, I hope to practice regularly and post regularly!

Don't feel bad your character is better than mine.It is on deathnight sculpts thread.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

I think you are working your forms well here Nuzzle. Its probably too much definition but its really good practice. The best way to practice human form would be by photographs at this point or actual nude modeling which can be distracting
    They say time is the fire in which we burn. Quick! Someone get a fire extinguisher!

Yea, my brother said that was a pretty buff lady, and I kind of realized the muscles are pretty intense, I didn't really give much or any thought to fat pads and skin build up. That'll have to be my focus on my next session. Thanks!

So, while I'm teaching myself 3D sculpting and modelling, I'm also learning Unity on the side. So for my first game exercise I need a boss and a character, after messing around I decided on a Rock Golem. I need to take it into Maya and retopologize and rig it, but I figured I'd paint around on it in Sculptris before calling it for the night.

Next I need to make the main character, which is going to be much harder I think...

I use unity too.Looks good to me.Are you going to model other creatures and show us them.I would like to see more.I would like
    to see how the hero looks.

Indeed I will. I'm making this side scroller as an exercise and I kind of needed a theme for the world, so I'm still deciding on that, but I think I have a good plan. The hero is up next to model, but because he's not a random rock golem and needs to look a certain way I'm sure he'll be harder to model. But all progress will be documented as I go!

You should update your thread with your unity developments as well.

I was thinking about making a zombie game.Where you find and drive vehicles , search for survivors, food and weapons.The only thing I would I need for now is some reference images
    to help me model some zombies.Have you tried the quixel smooth voxel system in unity it is in the asset store.It would be good for a rpg.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

This is kind of cool the both you being into Unity. The rock golem has a good start but I would make his legs just a bit longer...>>>> not Much longer. When you go to rig you will find having a tiny bit more shin will help you make more believable movements. Don't give up! Everyone has to start somewhere
    They say time is the fire in which we burn. Quick! Someone get a fire extinguisher!

Thanks! I'll have to keep that in mind with the shin for next time. Luckily for this scene only his upper half will be seen, so I can get away with laziness this once.