ZBrushCentral

*** DJANGO WIP-TUTO( Marvelous Designer -> Zbrush) - FINAL RENDER

Hi everybody,
today I’ll show you my new personal project : Django :slight_smile:
For this project I’ve used Marvelous Designer, but I’ve found some problems to use it in Zbrush.
So I’ll show you my process. If you have a better, don’t hesitate to explain it here !
Ok let’s go .

This is the current WIP :

1. To start I’ve modeled the entire character nacked to have the most reallist cloth simulation as possible :

2. Once done I’ve exported the character in OBJ, and created the first cloth’s layer : the t-shirt Garmen :

3. Then you need to export your garmen in Zbrush ( obj ), but before you need to delete the sewing because that will create some holes in the mesh ( click on sync, NO SIMULATE ) and save before !:

4. Next Garmen : In MD, when you have a lot of complexes cloth’s layers, It’s better to split the cloth creation to have the best performances.In fact : you create a cloth, then you update your avatar with it to simulte the next Garment’s layer :

See this great tutorial for more informations :
http://www.joelmongeon.com/Whitepage.html

Attachments

MD_tshirt1.jpg

ZB3_Django3.jpg

1. Continu with next Garmens :

MD_Jeans.jpg

MD_echarpe.jpg

1. You can now merge your clean garmen’s obj in Zbrush !MD don’t create thickness ( in fact yes, but can’t export it as a mesh )
    And the topology of MD’s mesh is no good too. So we will retopologize the mesh with ZRemesher first.
    So duplicate your subtool
    Create polygroups by Uvs and then make a Frame Mesk ( to have guide closed to seams )and Zremesh it !
    ZB2_tshirt.jpgZB2_tshirt2.jpgZB2_tshirt3.jpg
  1. When it’s done, you need to create a thickness, so you can create it in 3ds or Maya for simple mesh or with an extract un Zbrush, but I export it in 3ds to delete the inner mesh, I don’t want to use, to
    keep good performances and low size file.

2. And finally you have to project the details on the old subtool to the new ( with more subdivisions levels ) :

Here a good workflow too ( but with too much subtools and mesh for me ) :

http://www.polycount.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2099291&postcount=6559

So this is my very first workflow with MD and Zbrush, so If you have some tweaks or other completly different, don’t hesitate to share it !!

Little update :

WIP1.jpg

I’ve given MD a try and find it difficult to import models I’ve exported as OBJs from ZBrush. They always come in at a scale that***8217;s hard to work with in MD. Any tips you can offer?

Thanks you, dude!

Ago
industripop :
Try to import and export in meters in “the unit the file to import” option in the inport/export options.
That’s work for me after a lot of loosing time :wink:
Prokhor :
Glad you like !

Wow, such a simple thing. Just tried it and it works like a charm. I couldn’t seem to find the answer to that question anywhere. Thank you for the tip!!!

industripop : happy to help :slight_smile:
Little update with posing

First render with Vray :

test8-1.jpg

Hi all, this is my last render, closed to final one !

Hey , here’s the finals renders !

Django_02_1600-1.jpgDjango_01_1200.jpg

Looking awesome!

I’m fooling around with MD myself but I don’t get any of those nice folds like you. How did you achieve this. Is it set to a certain fabric or other setting. For me it just all wraps tightly around the body.

Great Project! Really good result

Nice job.

Great!

how fast is the garment production?
how much time was spent in MD?

the piece is very nice…

Thanks for the excellent tutorial!!!

Cheerio

Thanks for replies !

And sorry for time to responding …
The Marvelous’s process, is very fast in fact, then, you need to ajust the mesh in Zbrush.

I’ve a new process now !

I Make the panel loop in 3DSMAX ( shell )

1- Quadrangulate pattern in Marvelous
2- import in 3dsmax
3- Make a shell with this options

4- that’s make a uv mapping on shell !

Shell-Uvs1.jpg
Use Surface for details ( fabric and folds ) !!
Surface1.jpg

Use layer, bake your surface if you want !

You just a to do the fun work in Zbrush !!

Used to make this artwork :

Here

Excellent work here and thanks a lot for the workflow insights. :+1:

Cheers!