Default Gabriel Fronza in London Sketchbook

Hello to you all,
    I just moved to London from the Czech Republic (from which I stayed the past 1 and a half year, beautiful country).
    So I decided to create a sketchbook for the time I am staying here, which is going to be for a long time. I am going to post my personal work and the works I will be doing for the assignments of my course: http://3dclassroom.cgmasteracademy.com/

I hope you all like Here are some busts for the class with Justin Goby Fields:

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Love them all. Style, execution... excellent.

Nice works! Thanks for sharing!

-Joseph

These and wonderfully expressive. Nice work.

Member Follow User Gallery

These are fantastic.
    If my goal was photorealism, I'd be a photographer.

New Member Follow User Gallery

These are gorgeous, man. Keep it up!

great character sculpting, I really like the girl

Hey guys, thanks a lot for your kind comments, it inspires me too see that great artists like my work

Here is another project I've made, this time for a class with the teacher Marty Havran, for Production Modelling, again at CGMA. I have used Zbrush and 3Ds max to model everything, all the retopology done in 3Ds max. For more images, please check my portfolio page: http://gabrielfronza.prosite.com/

Excellent Style
    Cloudrider

The girl, cat and bird are lovely! That kind of toony expressiveness is hard to nail in 3d, I imagine.

Hello, this was my entry for the Creative Assembly graduate art contest.

TRIUMPH from Gabriel Fronza on Vimeo.

I made a hi-res version of the notorious Julius Caesar rendered in Marmoset Toolbag2. The idea of my vignette is to present him as a very proud and pleased person with his victories and achievements, in this case, the vastness of the Roman Empire. In real life, he was known for being a very severe general and emperor, but in this CG version, he can't really hold his emotions, hence the big smile and the celebrative pose.

The floor with the map of europe depicts the Roman Empire of 44BC, the year of Julius assassination. The rattlesnakes on the floor simbolize the pitfalls of his success, the treachery and all the conspiracies that were slowly bubbling up with the growth of Julius's ego.

How it was made:

The whole scene was modelled in Zbrush,3Ds Max and Marvelous Designer. The textures were made in zbrush, photoshop and the quixel suite. Julius has sepparate textures for each part of his body, the head alone and a few other props have a 4096.4096 texture, but most of them were at 2048.2048. I quickly created PBR materials using the new Ddo, which allowed me to focus more on art than on technical especifics.
    The floor was done with Adobe Illustrator, I downloaded an .svg file from wikipedia, and I edited the whole thing and exported several passes to create all the texture maps in photoshop (8192.8192 for each texture).The wine in the cup was simply made in realflow and the snake's body has a tileable texture made in Zbrush and baked in xNormal.

As a hi-res scene, I decimated or z-remeshed all the meshes so I could quickly UV and texture them, but a few things were either modeled straight in 3Ds Max or retopologized in topogun so the scene would be able to run on my laptop. Everything took me 3 weeks to make.

Luckily I won that challenge, so I am about to start working as a Character Artist at that amazing studio Anyway, I hope you all enjoy it!

- Gabriel

Cool stage set up and very expressive character... Your previous characters illustrations are awesome as well...

Default woooow

Beautiful detailing on the relief and even the wrinkles on his hand. Stellar expression. I can't wait to see some test renders of the the character. I love the depth of field and bumps on the rattle snakes overtop the map. Outstanding.
    How many hours do you sculpt a day to keep your chops up or work on a personal project?

Post often, reply. Help others and give back to the community, this is how zbrushcentral will stay alive.
    http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?88496-criptus-wip&p=1109464#post1109464- ZBC Thread
    http://micahmyerov.com/portfolio/ - Portfolio
    https://vimeo.com/103362994 - Demo Reel 2014

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast