Default Game of Thrones Bordgame Pawns

Hi people of Zbrush Central
    Last few month I sculpted for myself some pawns for the board game of Game of Thrones.
    I have just finished the footmen and horsemen for every of the 6 houses.
    I didn't fix the height I want to use yet but the footmen will probably around 8 mm, so that's why I tried to keep the details simple and chuncky.
    I tried to make every houses quite different, and fit with what I know from the licence (only the TV show).

Next will be some sculpt for the Siege machines, and the boats.

New Member Follow User Gallery

These designs look cool. Good amount of detail for the intended size, though are you sure it should be so small at 8mm? even miniatures for warhammer are standardized at 22mm. Is the end goal to be printed for personal use?

I think these are great! I am brand new here. Is there a base you are working off of? I play Pathfinder and was hoping to design my own minis and print them at home.

Default Nice work

These look very nice, but I have a couple of concerns:

1) The symbols for House Lannister and House Stark look very similar. At 8mm height, they might even be mistaken for one another. I suggest having one house or the other have their animal symbol facing the other way. (Of course, if this logo is what is printed in the boardgame, just ignore my rambling).

2) I agree with Gonzo about the final size for the figures. I don't know how big the actual boardgame tokens are supposed to be, but 8mm sounds a little small. Depending where you're printing them, the facial detail might get lost completely. And if someone sneezes during a game...!

Anyhow, I look forward to seeing some pictures of how these turn out when printed.

@Gonzo : for the scale I want them to fit aproximately the size of the pawns used for the board game. I want them to be a little bit bigger than the 6mm of games like Epic, but I don't intend to make them as big as the warhammer miniatures. I will however make some test to determine the best size.
    The purpose is for personnal use only.

@Stoneguard : I did a template character with the proportions I wanted for my pawns, and from it I did a couple of different poses, and just dress them. You can see they all have the same face (for the scale I wish to print them I didn't think it would be necessary to add so much variation). For the horses I did a template and from them 3 variations.

@TheArtMonkey : I agree that the way I did Stark and Lannister Sigil are close, but I plan to print every set of house in the color of the pawn of the game, this should suffice for the differenciation.
    For the size I still have some test to do. This project was inspired by the work of onslaught miniatures (http://www.onslaughtmini.com) who is doing some Epic scale miniatures (6 mm) with some simple but chubby design. I think my details are a bit smaller than theirs but I think it can be nice at a small scale.
    And sneezing is absolutely forbiden at my game table