New Member Follow User Gallery

Default Make Robots in Zbrush - Final

Here is the robot i completed for the Making robots course at Zbrushworkshops (shout out to Furio and the staff there)

Being so new to brush and having not really belted out more hard surface models i found the course very helpful.

What it is - This robot is a futuristic construction vehicle which has seen better days but keeps on "Getting the job done!"

Still working out the whole render side and playing with material types of things but on the brush side i am making great strides.

Hope you like it!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zbrushcentral.jpg 
Views:	657 
Size:	328.3 KB 
ID:	423561  

Damn dude, i can tell you've put alot of thought into this with the joints & parts. Very freakin good

What type of stuff were you looking at to build up a better understanding of mechanical parts and joints etc?

For reference, i checked out everyday construction vehicles/Tanks/F1 internal parts the rest i relying on what i thought would functionally work.

The image attached is the base mesh i started from, a lot more work on top of that resulted in the final.

Usually i do up a ref sheet with all my ref shots on the same page so i can constantly refer back to.

Im going to post more shots as the mechs so big a lot of stuff was not shown i.e pilot terminal/front/back arm close ups

Currently I'm updating my website so I'm getting together all the different views for a better look at the mech.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zbr.jpg 
Views:	359 
Size:	301.3 KB 
ID:	423735  
    Last edited by Digitalfrankie; 08-30-14 at 08:18 PM. Reason: update
    Email Digitalfrankie: artbyfrankie@gmail.com
    Digitalfrankie Webpage:https://www.digitalfrankie.com
    Digitalfrankie on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Digit...51651858236943

Amazing attention to detail, love the textures, presentation and render.