ZBrushCentral

Kurt's ZB Sketch book

My latest personal project, Mr.Toad.

Most of my personal projects as of late have to do with old stories like The Wind in the Willows or fairy tales and nursery rhymes. I always try to put my take on the content in some shape or form.

Kurt

Attachments

2 Likes

looks great dude!

Thanks Evil will have more soon…

Mr.Toad’s model and set…

Toadmodel.jpgToadSet.jpg

Attachments

Toadmodel.jpg

ToadSet.jpg

A Hulk sculpt based on a 1994 Flair trading card.

I found it very interesting that The Hulk was holding a gun and decided to do a full body sculpt with the trading card in mind as the illustration on the card was only from his chest up…

Will hopefully find time soon to texture him all up… =)

Kurt
HulkSculpt1.jpg
HulkSculpt2.jpg

Attachments

HulkSculpt1.jpg

HulkSculpt2.jpg

Latest personal project. I found one of my old comic book trading card sets from the early 90’s and came across a card of The Hulk holding a gun which got the wheels turning for this project. He was originally going to be green but the more I thought about it a lot of people go green so I decided to go The Red Hulk route and I know Red Hulk uses guns.

Kurt
RedHulkFinal.jpg

Very nice dude. I like the variation from normal hulk models. It’s got a nice WWII feel too it.

THU challenge: A battle is upon us.

For this competition I wanted to depict what the battle of Troy might have looked like if it happened in the future or in another reality. Instead of showing the traditional Troy in its golden age, I wanted to have Troy as an ancient ruin and defended by protectors. The character shown is one of these warrior-protectors. The ‘Trojan Horse’ in this case is a Unicorn which was very important in old Troy where Unicorn were worshiped and had actually existed. The illustration is showing the few minutes before this current conflict begins, the moment when the enemy has been spotted and there is no going back. A battle will take place. If you look closely, you may be able to spot the Unicorn spirits stirring in anticipation of the battle to come.

CgComp48.jpg

Attachments

CgComp48.jpg

turned out pretty cool!

Beetlejuice was one of my favorite movies when I was younger and I finally had time to finish off my take on him this week.

BeetLayersFinalZB.jpg

Attachments

BeetLayersFinalZB.jpg

I found this old sculpt from about 6 years ago and decided to clean it up and put together a complete work. Its pretty amazing looking back at how much I have grown as a sculptor.

FinalDemon.jpg

Attachments

FinalDemon.jpg

Cool stuff Kurt!

This project has been in the works for a while and I finally had time to finish it off this week. I enjoy a lot of the lore in the game World of Warcraft and have always found Sylvanas Windrunner an interesting character and decided to do my take on the “Dark Lady”.

SlyFinalForWeb.jpg

Attachments

SlyFinalForWeb.jpg

Lookin good dude!

Thanks… new stuff will be up soon.

I find The Penguin from Gotham a real interesting character and wanted to bring in aspects of him from the new TV show as well as physical traits from the original show from way way back. I made his face a little fuller and a bigger belly starting to show since we all know he lets him self go a bit later in life.

PengFinalIllustration.jpg

My latest project. I named her Kit Fox. Modeled in ZBrush and composited in Photoshop in layers.

KitForWebLower.jpg

Very nice really like this design and how the render turned out

This is my entry for the “Star Wars Reimagined” contest Yoda has always been one of my favorite characters from the original films and I had often thought what he might have been like a little younger and, of course, for this challenge, a Sith. Overall I am pretty pleased with this work. I have captured Yoda for sure, just in a darker, more ‘don’t mess with me’, approach.

DMasterY.jpg

Attachments

DMasterY.jpg

Model was sculpted for 3D printing.
7437399_orig.jpg
12898341_1326899953992999_1837870474924944632_o.jpg
13217048_1360470350635959_2685651862283292114_o.jpg

Attachments

12898341_1326899953992999_1837870474924944632_o.jpg

13217048_1360470350635959_2685651862283292114_o.jpg