Default rdubya's sketchbook

Quick sketch and polypaint.

It's been quite a while since I've posted anything in here. I've been in a bit of a development phase. This piece was originally started in 4R6 using dynamesh. I started using the ZRemesher to crank down the topology and have been tweaking the geometry with the ZModeler. Got a little way to go, but I'm liking this workflow quite a bit.

3D Figure Study.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Looks lovely. Was it made by following Jeremy Angleman tutorial?
    Still there are many areas which can be improved:
    - Her ribcage appears a bit too deep. For feminine look you might polish it more and make more slender
    - The breasts in this pose should flatten considerably against the ribs. Even small breasts flatten and don't keep their form. Sure if they meant to be real and not implants.
    - The transition area between the waist and pelvis looks strange and abrupt like some of the muscles and fat pads (External Obliques) don't exist, while others (Gluteus medius, maximus and Tensor Fascia Lata) bulge too much.
    - Also, in pose like this you would probably be able to see projecting ribs and costal cartilage. I bet they will add more interest to figure
    - And the knee should be polished more, have more structure in it (like condyles of the femur, patela with its tendon, fat pads and partially the head of the tibia)
    Good luck and I hope it was helpful!

Member Follow User Gallery

Thanks for the tips. Yeah, I was trying to keep it loose and within the hour and a half sculpting time frame that was recommended in the tut. The next one will go much further.

Been working on this for a bit in between other projects.

Default Venom WIP

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default Rocketeer

This really brings back memories.
    The summer before my senior year in high school, er, '92 I made a 14" Rocketeer statuette out of Super Sculpey and sold it at the local comic shop. That was fun. Wish I a picture of it.
    Man I love that classic costume design.
    Nice sculpt.

Member Follow User Gallery

Thank you! I've always been fond of this character and the time period of the comic. Making it with Sculpey sounds like a lot of fun, too.

Quick creature sculpt.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast