New Member Follow User Gallery

Default I'm new. Don't beat me.

Hi, I'd like to say hello to everyone. My name is Przemek, it's my first post on this forum. Ok, so enough about me . I'll get to the point. I have been working in ZB about 2 week, and I decided to do my first sculpt. I've been doing only this so far. I'll try sculpt old dwarf. Ok... any advice?. Thanks for comment.

PS. Sorry for my english. I will fix it soon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ZBrush Document.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	125.4 KB 
ID:	425985   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ZBrush Document1.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	136.3 KB 
ID:	425986   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	early 1.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	169.3 KB 
ID:	426184   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	early 2.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	164.3 KB 
ID:	426185   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	early 3.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	108.6 KB 
ID:	426186  

Ok, This is early stage of Dwarf Beard. Unfortunetly , my software allows me sclupting only at 2-3 lvl subd. I'm going to buy new computer. So this is it. Hope you like it. !

Hi guys. This is my the first quick sketch which I Completed. Sketch with references. Fry - Futurama. Also i rendered it fast. It took me about 3 hour. So i hope you like it.

Views:	230 
Size:	79.6 KB 
ID:	427429  

Member Follow User Gallery

For 3 hours work that's very good and the fact that you say you are new, it's depressing to me because I wish I was as good as you Bravo.

I would love to see him in color.

Thanks Man. Your comment means a lot for me. I think I will paint him, when I learn some abaout painting in ZB. At the moment i focus on modelling, proportion, tool etc. Anyways appreciate your words.

Ok. It's my new projeckt. Edgar Allan Poe. Which is ispired by one of the caricature of Edgar Allan Poe. It's fast sketch. For now Id did only this. Hope you like it.

Views:	201 
Size:	102.9 KB 
ID:	427736  

Hi Guys. I have a little up for You. Finally I had more time recently, so I have finished Edgar Allan Poe model. If you have some hints for me, please share with me. Enjoy!

Views:	213 
Size:	72.9 KB 
ID:	428050   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pose 2.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	428051  

Member Follow User Gallery

I like the caricature but think it needs more detail still, curly hair, maybe a neck scarf. Maybe his mustache should be straighter at the bottom - seems his style. The body made me think of a pen. Could add a nib on the end and have an Allan Poe Pen model with an ink splat for ground detail. Do a grainy sepia tone finished render.

http://screencast.com/t/SfkDbwD8Y2xH

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

hey Homerus, welcome to the forum! I think is a great start you will find a lot of tips, tricks and help from this community it is amazing.

I did a sculpture of Poe a few months ago and I did a quick tutorial on how I made his hair, you can find it here:

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthr...etchbook/page3

I hope this is helpful, keep it up!

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Hi,

For a beginning it's not bad at all !!!

You seem to already nail pretty well most of the essential primary shapes of the face.

The best advice I would give to all the beginners out here is to always turn around your model a lot, sculpt it from all angles as in the beginning a lot of people tend to sculpt too much from the front and side. I can't really tell if you did it well because you didn't give enough pictures from various angles for me to see it. Also I would recommend to turn on perspective (if you find the default setting too aggressive you can lower it a little, with the Angle of view setting in the Draw palette). Another tip would be to always look a lot of references.

For the Edgar Poe bust I would tell quite the same as DrApple, I think you should add some more details (his idea of pen body with an ink splat is great by the way). For finer details try the 'Dam Standard' brush, I'm sure you'll make good use of it.
    I like the style of it very much. If you enhance it post a picture please !!!

For your first sculpt, I don't know what your computer is worth, but one thing you should think of is that the max details you can get also depends a lot on topology.
    Try this :
    _ Make a copy of your subtool (the one with the face - for now let the other alone)
    _ In your tool palette, go to Geometry > zRemesher, then in target polycount put a value around 2 (this means that it will try to make a model close to 2x1000=2000 polygons), then click zRemesh.
    _ You should get a new mesh with correct topology and polygon flow
    _ Then make sure all your subtools are hidden except the active one (the remeshed one) and the backup copy you made in step 1.
    _ Go to your Subtool subpalette > Project > click Project All
    _ Subdivide your model (shortcut is CTRL+D)
    _ Do Project All once more
    _ Subdivide again, reproject again, and so on till zBrush tells you you can't subdivide anymore.

>> Explanation : When you sculpt a model from some cube/sphere/etc... polygon often get stretched and don't reflect the shape of your desired sculpt. zRemesher produces a cleaner low-poly mesh with good edge flow. Then you subdivide it to get resolution, and project reproject the finer details of your original sculpt back onto the new one. It's better to do it step by step one subd level at a time because it gives better results.

If eventually you encounter some issue, try to look at tutorials about zRemesher, projection, or "retopology". Or don't hesitate to ask as lot's of people here will be happy to help you.

Keep going, you're really not bad for a beginner and sculpting Edgar Poe proves you've got good taste

Cheers from Belgium
    ZAdjustor Plugin for ZBrush : adjust Draw Size, Focal Shift and Z/RGB Intensity by simply moving your mouse/stylus while holding down a hotkey, just like in photoshop, mudbox, mari, maya... Many options.
    ZAdjustor0.92 for ZBrush 4R7/4R6 32bits OsX - (OSx version for ZB4R7 64bits coming soon)
    KeuPon is Jean-Julien JUPINET

Thanks you guys for share your hints.

KeuPon: Thanks for hints. I think your comprehensive advice will be very helpful to me. I will try it soon. Thanks again mate!. Ps. "Edgar Poe proves you've got good taste" - He's one of my foavourite writers.

DrApple: You're right. I see now that I forgot add neck scarf, also I could add arms ; ), I don't mention about his hair. It seems that I unnecessary rushed with this sculpt.

Pablander: Thank for your tutorial. ( Btw: Nice Poe sculpt).

In conclusion thanks again guys. Right now I'am little confused in ZBrush. But I thnik I learn moderately fast. After your hints I decided still working on this model. When i finish it, I'll show you the effects.

Hi guys. It's my new project. I've been working on this a couple of days, because I don't have much time recently. It's Vincent Price caricatura (WIP). Also I have experiment with Zremesh and I must cosider It really helpful. Anyway Hope you like it.

Name:	vinc front.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	102.9 KB 
ID:	429001   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vinc profile.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	429002   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vinc.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	101.3 KB 
ID:	429003