Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Really really impressive !!! Really good art !!! I really would like to know more about the making of it, as I couldn't even tell if some parts are real or not !!! If I understand well what you said, at first you made the environment in 3D but it didn't do it, so you made all of it out of real life materials, and then composited your 3D render on top of it am I right ??? But in the end what I can't figure out exactly is which element is 3D and which is real. It's really really impressive !!! And quite rare here to see some works not only entertainment oriented. I am curious to know if it is personal work of if it is some hired work, and how many people worked on it. I don't like that word but hey it's near perfect !!! Don't know how else to call it. Please explain more if you will !!! Renderer used, software, ... I want to know everything !!!

Congratulations it's a real blast !!! I'm going to often check your works !!!

Zsoka : This message is in response of your "silly" impoliteness, I apologise in advance for my harshness but hey it's harshness against more harshness in my opinion.
    Pointing fingers at oil companies, ultra profit motivated is narrow thinking ??? Please !!! And even the if the metaphor is quite simplistic and and a little obvious, I wouldn't call it silly (maybe it's you who are too less educated to understand what it is - by the way saying "I love animals too" IS silly because the image isn't only about animals - a metaphor as I said, and you can find quite some more symbols but maybe again, you are the narrow thinker if you don't...). And even of you want to interpret it the frontal way it is against oil leak not oil anyway... And of course he (the author) know that his computer/wacom tablet/etc are made of petrol products... Please stop being so arrogant, and consider that most people acting for some cause are very well educated about it, for sure lot more than people that aren't interested in. And what poor first degree lines !!! Please !!! That piece isn't even ***against*** the use of oil !!! Again people talking about education, ranting against anything vaguely "ecological"... Even mentioning the bus in this very case is stupid - you're so well adult and educated that you don't even estimate the difference of taking the bus vs car... And again where did you see it saying that we have to remove oil from civilisation ??? And on the positive side "good job on the graphics" ??? Common !!! It's a wonderful piece of art !!! But no you had to focus on smart-assing... Please next time you see some objectively very good work that you dislike the message pass your way or don't be so arrogant.
    I apologise again for my harshness but it really struck me and I couldn't keep it shut !!! (And I had to restrain from being much worse). Please don't bother to reply (or PM if you really want to) because it is no place to start some silly forum fight.

Sneil : Don't worry I have nothing such as above for you - it's okay to have any opinions - unless put in a such impolite manner (you also pointed it). I just wanted to tell that even if I agree that anyone should start by looking in the mirror, big oil companies ARE to be legitimately finger pointed as they're really empires making such wealth that their owners become more than kings, so if someone has the means and moral obligation to do something about the ecological problem it is them for sure (and there are more and more alternative solutions everyday, they just aren't used because it costs money, money that 1% people owns more than the other 99%, etc...).
    ZAdjustor Plugin for ZBrush : adjust Draw Size, Focal Shift and Z/RGB Intensity by simply moving your mouse/stylus while holding down a hotkey, just like in photoshop, mudbox, mari, maya... Many options.
    ZAdjustor0.92 for ZBrush 4R7/4R6 32bits OsX - (OSx version for ZB4R7 64bits coming soon)
    KeuPon is Jean-Julien JUPINET

Award!!!

Member Follow User Gallery

Default Process?

Wow Very Nice! What did you use to render this? ZBrush?

Again well Done!
    R y a n D a r l i n g
    Digital Sculpting / Animation

Kitbash Store: Darling3D.com
    Portfolio:
    RyanDarling3D.com

Senior Multimedia Designer
    Applied Medical Resources

New Member Follow User Gallery

Default Fantastic!

Great work and congratulations on making the top row! Your modeling is perfect but your English is slightly off. instead of "Last year, 300,000 barrels of crude oll were leaked in arctic" it should say "Last year, 300,000 barrels of crude oil were leaked in the arctic". The word "the" is the difference.

Cool Cool ecologic box...

...metaphor!
    Remember meticulous work of Charles Matton!
    Is beautiful that please without concept! ( Me and maybe also E Kant)
    Pilou's Galerie Pilou's Tips Tuts Page
    Cameyo's ZPlace Art Surfing Albums
    Dedicaces Perpetual Challenges
    French Pixologic Site

Amazing work! Love the light in the scene!

Default at KEUPON

Poor silly little boy that you are. Listen up dude, I assume you are not of western origin so I will excuse some form of national difference but POLITE is not an excuse for ROBUST DISCOURSE and if you can not handle this then tough luck dude.
    I state what I state in whatever manner I choose. Freedom of speech is practiced here and we do not worry too much about being polite. Maybe you could try to make a serious rebuttal instead of name calling or some snide little remark about silly politeness. What planet are you from?

Unless you can enlighten us as to why my comments are erroneous please do not use emotionally charged dribble to enhance your brainwashed state of mind.

Power girl signing off. Most likely you can not handle that I am female either, eh?

Zsoka > I did elaborate more than enough. You can't say I didn't. You did totally miss the point and over-interpret, and I'm certainly not the one doing name calling here, as well as dirty little offensive allusions about the author's IQ (seriously someone not knowing plastic is made of petroleum - how insulting) or my "non-western" origin - again assuming stupid wrong things (is it supposed to be offensive in your mouth ?). And putting freedom of speech on the table as well as your female gender that I supposedly couldn't handle - because the concept of a female using freedom of speech would be too much to bear for a non-westerner mind, if I get your point correctly (why else would you tell such things). How nice is that !!! Freedom of speech is NOT an excuse for impoliteness and yes I care about politeness. Someone just told about the same thing as you just four comments after and it didn't shock me one bit because it was told in a correct, "I have a different opinion", manner. And if by "here" you mean zBrushCentral I really think people here care about politeness too (but I'm afraid again you were making a reference to some great free country...).

The author tells a fact - some "300,000 barrels of crude oil were leaked in (the) arctic", then makes a piece on the theme "Petroleum hurts ?" - and yes with a question mark. He never told the whole petroleum industry has to be shut down quickly. He is just critical about one fact and tries to make people think about it, with the mean of this wonderful piece. And even if he metaphorically suggests deeper reading levels, he only suggests it. With your last comment I understand better : you over-interpreted the direction he was pointing and got personal maybe with some eastern civilisation vs western world fight in you mind and became vehement... (I'm laughing my a** off thinking about a crying girl hugging her car saying to it "don't worry baby I won't let those filthy reds make you starve" - but stop I'm falling down at your level...)

And I really don't care about the opinions here. It would have said "kill all animals" or "vivisection is fun", I wouldn't care more. That's not the point of my comment. In fact, the point is that maybe I would have cared, but I would never have done such offensive comment as saying "maybe if you were little educated you would have known that animals HAVE NERVES TOO". It's a great piece of work no doubt about it, even if you don't like it, and if you don't like a message just say it politely. And please you made your point not being ok with the message and being upset by my reply, that's all. My message is about the same as the first one. I won't make a third one. Start a thread at flame-wars.com if you want to continue - that will be without me.

I deeply apologise to this threads author and others who have read all that fuss. I shouldn't have replied in the first place there will always be such people and net-confronting them is useless.

Again congrats for that really really well executed and clever piece of art. I'm dying to learn more about its making process.
    ZAdjustor Plugin for ZBrush : adjust Draw Size, Focal Shift and Z/RGB Intensity by simply moving your mouse/stylus while holding down a hotkey, just like in photoshop, mudbox, mari, maya... Many options.
    ZAdjustor0.92 for ZBrush 4R7/4R6 32bits OsX - (OSx version for ZB4R7 64bits coming soon)
    KeuPon is Jean-Julien JUPINET

awesome work! can you comment on how you made the rock plz?

KeuPon-you are spot on with your comment. The end does NOT justify the means.
    An artist never really finishes his work, he merely abandons it.- Paul Valery
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    www.milivojpopovic.com

Default A Salute for this message

Your work kept my eyes to a thousand miles away. I think first time I'm watching a 3D art with great meaning. Hope a peaceful life for everyone who live upper or under the earth.

Geez...very powerful stuff! Great job and Great message!!!!

Zsoka: Your response to Keupon was amazingly, even more moronic than your original, utterly fatuous argument, but then I suspect you know that. You're clearly playing the "I'm American & I don't give a f&*k" card for your own reasons, and reminding us, in case we'd forgotten, that women can be racist *******s too! I think Keupon pointed out quite clearly that the whole concept here was about the amount of oil SPILLED, not drilled. One does not need to eschew the use of petro-chemical products to be shocked by the amount of oil being spewed needlessly into the fragile ecology of the Arctic. But hey, you don't want to hear that, you're a committed redneck and will doubtless scurry off to scour the net for more right-wing talking points with which to compose your next epistle. Do note however that I'm unlikely to respond as this is not the place, and besides, the point is made and this is a thread about art, not argument. Finally, try to fathom that - this being a place where artists meet to discuss art & it's creation - the vast majority of it's users are going to be liberals, as are the vast majority of academicians and scientists, and therefore not inclined to nurture your right-wing agenda. The subject at hand is the brilliant piece of art above, if you can't stick to discussing said piece and/or it's artistic merits, go elsewhere, rednecks, of either gender, aren't going to have much fun here.
    PS: If you're concerned that your first amendment rights are being trampled, remember that the internet is not subject to the constitution of the USA or it's amendments. it belongs to the world.
    MICHAELOBERHOFER

WILDLIFEPORTRAITS

Default Oh dear Slapshot

With a name like that I suppose I should not even respond.
    BUT!
    Listen up fool. You say I am a right wing redneck! Interesting. I work for a top of the line advertising company in London UK. I have 4 degrees in Art, communication and have a masters in painting. I have spent more time with artists than you have had breakfasts and I can tell you that almost all the people I know in academia and in my art associates think more along my line of comments than that crap liberal ****e that you seem to think rules the world. I think you need to get your head out of your rectum and smell the roses instead of the crap eminating from your A%%hole. Brainwashed "obosoite" no doubt too.
    BTW This poster art is nicely made but even that can not excuse the totally asinine message.
    I strongly suggest that you do some serious reading on the subject matter before you open your mouth and attacking me is just the signal for most people to know that you are a lowlife fool. So you have a nice day now and go ahead and imagine that you know who or what I am.
    OH! I forgot. How old did you say you were? Never mind.
    So in the world of the internet there are no rules. OK FINE by me!
    I hope you do not mind when I say "GO FRACK YOURSELF" or is that not allowed in your FREE INTERNET???
    The United States of America is the greatest nation on Earth and will continue to be. If you do not think so please go and live somewhere else where it is better. Such a pathetic little, deluded, ungrateful and dishonest jerk you are.

Awesome piece of work ..... went through the fb page of Greenpeace, the project going on to spread awareness and protect Arctic and now saw this master piece. . . hats of mate truly amazing...made out of heart concept... !!

brilliant, powerful, strong message and great art!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast