New Member Follow User Gallery

Question Questions about Zbrush

My friend was bragging about his Zbrush and showing me all the neat-o things he done with it with this 3D models and I thought it was interesting.
    Although I wasn't able observe for long so I would like the hear from people have have been using it for a while. My set-up so far is Daz 3D, (which has a plugin for Zbursh) Luxrender, and Photoshop CS3. With Zbrush and Octane Render in mind. My questions about it are:

1. One of my big interest is making hair for my Genesis 2 models because I saw my friend do this and her hair looked alot better then anything I ever used! I was wondering how is it making hair and also do you color it in Zbrush? (I have a character with a pretty complex hair color which will be pretty difficult) Also I was wondering if anyone has any pictures they can post as examples on hair they made?

2. I believe you can also make bug and small changes to existing clothing that your model is wearing?

3. I also think that he said you can sculpt a completely unique model from scrap? Which I know will take a TON of experience and years of practice! but I might be interested in that.

4. Also I think there was also a guy who edited and posed his character model in Zbrush did he sent the file to a company to make into a figurine? I was wondering if this was true and where can I do this!? (If I get Zbrush)

Also I seen Zbrush on sale here: http://www.novedge.com/products/3180/tab/1
    Which I wonder is this from this Zbrush or from another seller?

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Lightbulb

Hello,
    I love my ZBrush and the company that makes it. I have never ever regretted buying ZB and Pixologic is one of the greatest companies out there I believe. They care about their customers and users and try everything in their power to keep ZB running well and without too many bugs.
    You can use it with most other graphic art programs.

1. as the hair goes you can make hair either by sculpting it with geometry or using the FiberMesh and you can color both in ZB. The FiberMesh can be used to export the cures/Splines into other software like 3D Studio Max, Maya, Lightwave, Etc. and Blender which is a free program that also works well with ZB.

2. Yes you can color, change the topology, add cloth details with alphas and sculpting, folds and creases.

3. Actually not a ton of practice, but you have to play with ZB for a bit and there are tons of free tutorials on ZBCentral that can speed up the learning. Also Gnomon has month themed contests/challenges that you can use to push yourself to learn ZB and if you win one of the challenges you can get lots of free tutorials from the masters of graphic art. There is also a 2d challenge that you can try and if you win you can still grab up some great 3d tuts. Click here for Gnomon You can also take a look at my tutorials you can find them by clicking down below. Also try Pixologic main site and look at the classroom tutorials they will show you all of what ZB can do. There is also a newer version coming out soon and if you want this price right now you should buy it or buy it from others that are selling their ZB license. As soon as the new version comes out the price will go up. If you already have it before the release of the new version you will get the new version for free. So far all the upgrades have been free for those that already have ZBrush, I bought it way back when ZB2 was first released. I have never looked back.

4. There are a lot of 3d printing companies out there that can make your model that you sculpt in ZB for fair prices depending on the model you want printed and you can also buy a 3D printer yourself and make your own there are a lot of great 3d printers out there for fair prices too and they are getting better and better with the printing some can even print in color and textures. Google 3D printers or search here on ZBC with the term 3D Prints I have seen a lot of posts on ZBC that have 3D prints and some tutorials on how to do it. ZB has a speacil plug in that deals with the 3D printing and gets your model ready to b printed.

It seems when I checked to see if Novedge was a scam it isn't it looks as if they are a listed reseller of ZB and you can use them to get a cheeper copy of the license also look here on ZBCentral community forum sometimes you can find good deals here too, just a thought but you can get it from that site it is legit. If ever in doubt about a company or website google the name of the company/site and type in is it a scam then read what others have to say or sites like http://www.scamadviser.com

Hope you really consider getting ZB if you are wanting to make 3D models and get into the 3D graphic arts it really a one of a kind and extremely needed piece of software and the great company that makes it is just the icing on the cake. I will always love me my ZB lol.

Good luck to you and hope this helps answer some of your questions.

p.s. I found ZB while looking for a tut on teeth for another program and came up with this ugly fish movie tut lol I loved the ugly fish and all the cool stuff I saw Pixolator do with it I was blown away and that was ZB 2 it has gotten so much cooler since that little ugly fish and I have and never will look back.