New Member Follow User Gallery

Default Halloween Challenge 2014

Halloween Challenge 2014?

Member Follow User Gallery

Unhappy

I was thinking that myself! The day fast approaches and there's no sign of it.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default So let we create a new Halloween challenge theme for 2014

I was also anticipated Halloween challenge this year but unfortunately it wasn't there. I am disappointed but not low at all. So I am inviting you all users who want Halloween to go live. Share your ideas that we can turn into theme and participate.

Few themes I have in mind:

1. Switched sides:
    All good characters super heroes have switched sides and now decided to side with evil. Super heroes who saved our lives are now our biggest threat. Anything that was good is now evil.

Let me know what you guys think of it?

Good to see a fellow Halloween enthusiast, narendraK!

I like your suggestion for a challenge, although I don't know if it feels very Halloweeny? We could modify it so you have to create your favourite horror film / story character as a superhero? Jason or Freddy for example in spandex and a cape? Would that work?

Another idea: mask contest - design a halloween mask that could be 3D printed full size and then made into an old style latex slush mask? Any horrific design you like.

Just a thought.

if we do go for a 'horror heroes' mash up contest, I'll stick my name down for the Freddy Krueger / Wolverine combo.

Prepare for the Kruegerine!

Or I might do Jason Voorhees / Iron Man. Or Norman Bates / Wonderwoman!

So many choices.

I like your idea foxtrotzulumilkshake,

I see a lot of potential to create some great sculpts by combining two super heroes and making them evil or zombifying whatever.

Another idea:
    Scientists say that if we go nuclear only ****roaches will survive but somehow humans survived but with a great loss. Now humans are not being zombified but are facing a great threat from the one whom we never considered. The micro-organism, insects, termites, spiders, etc. small creatures turned ferocious and gigantic.

Think about a huge bee zombified and hunting humans are we are fighting with all of our war assets.

Basically all small creatures, animals are affected by nuclear fallout and mutated to become threat for us.

What do you think?

Sorry about my bad english in last post. Please forgive for it.

One more thought came in my mind is what if all bad creatures are now our life savers and defending us from zombified small creatures that turned gigantic.

narendraK - don't worry about your English. I get what you are saying and it's also a cool idea. It sounds a bit like a B movie theme; Attack of the giant spiders! Killer Bees! Jumbo wasps! King crabs! Vicious slugs! Mutated spider-bee-wasp-crab-slugs!

We could have a contest to create a diorama / scene where a giant mutated animal of your choice is attacking a city. Optional: include some defending humans / artillery. Could be cool to do one with a giant slug flattening a street and people firing catapults loaded with salt.

I'm probably still going to have a stab at the hero mash up, if only because I'm more likely to have enough time to do a single character than a full scene. :-(

Do we need to think about rules for this? We don't have prizes so I suppose it doesn't matter! Just go nuts!

I like your idea and I think I would be trying it. Can you explain idea in more detail or example?

Default How about...

Come one, come all to the unofficial 2014 Zbrush Halloween contest!

Challenges:

A) Horror Heroes
    Create a character sculpture of your favourite horror film / book character as a superhero.
    This can either be a mash-up between a horror character and an existing superhero / comic character, or you can create your horror character as a completely new superhero, inventing their costume, special powers, etc.
    Your sculpt can be a bust or a full figure.

B) B-Movie
    Create a diorama / scene where mankind is under attack from a giant mutated animal of your choice.
    You should create:

• an environment, such as a city street, a single building (this can act as a pedestal if you like), a drive-in theatre, etc.
    • A giant attacking animal - this can be a classic b-movie concept such as an insect / crustacean / mollusc, or it could be a giant microbe / virus. It doesn't have to be a small animal either - you could do a whale if you wanted, as long as the scale is comparatively much larger than that of a normal whale.
    • There should be at least one human under threat in the scene.

A+B=C) If you want to be a clever clogs or you have a million hours spare, why not try a mix of A and B? Your horror hero facing off against the giant mutant threat in a devastated cityscape!

Prizes
    Sorry, but there aren't any
    Maybe if one of us does an exceptional job it might get some exposure - let's hope for a top row.

Judges
    Nope - none of those either. But there are plenty of experienced artists in the community who can hopefully give some valuable feedback.

Deadline
    Apparently 666 hours is 27.75 days, so that's how long you've got (rounded up, that makes it, er... 28 Days Later!) This unofficial Halloween contest closes at Midnight (GMT) on 3 December 2014. Good luck.

Very good idea. Let's get started.