ZBrushCentral

Creatures and other things

Hello all,

Thought I would post some of my recent work. I would love any critiques/comments, I am trying to get better.

Attachments

Render2.jpg

Woman01.jpg

I love the barren Nakedness of the sculpture. It expresses vulnerability but in the same light, with the confident stance, an openness and understanding. I am intrigued by the cranial shell. It is very Xenoscape Geiger esq. It Suggests Sinister shades. What is considered evil or villainous can be shown in a different light, perspective changed and it becomes something other.

Well done!

I would crease the face plate line. make it feel more like a shell, hard surface techniques should be used. I think I would broaden the shoulders a bit more to express that the being could support its head. Yes the shoulders seem a bit too narrow. A head of that depth should show a larger neck, perhaps corded muscles, if you want to avoid the barbarian muscle man visage. I like the musculature of the chest and the way the rib cage is protruding. I like how the hip bones jut out.

it is coming along nicely. :cool:

~Gridlost

Thank you Gridlost, I appreciate it :slight_smile:

Little weekend project, critiques and comments always welcome.

Really like the hooded character. May I ask what your process is for creating clothing, assuming it’s all in Zbrush? I’ve been fiddling with extruding but find it rather imprecise and temperamental.

Thanks DrBo42,

Here’s a little tutorial on how I did the cloth pieces using Panel Loops.

I was experimenting with techniques while making this dude. I found this workflow to be quick and pretty effective, though I am sure there are other good ways as well.
If anyone else knows of any other workflow I would love the insight ^^

Hopefully this is helpful.

ClothTut2.jpg

Alex

Super helpful, thank you for taking the time to do that. Much appreciated.

Yea no joke. Thank you so much for this breakdown! Very good/easy way to get a good cloth effect. I always have trouble with thickness…

Excellent!, thank you for the breakdown, It never occurred to me to do that.

I am glad this was helpful : )

A little weekend project. Critiques/Comments welcome.

Based on a concept by my friend Jaki Martinez, check out her work!: http://ninjaki.carbonmade.com/

A render of my last sculpt. Any critiques/comments would be greatly appreciated. I’ve always felt my rendering and composition have been pretty weak. Again, credit to Jaki Martinez for the concept.

Face study turned into something more fun.

SoloCracks.jpg

some practice

Nice practice…

pretty nice job.:wink:

Thanks WanderingBuffalo and Diablo, I appreciate it!

Gave this one some Photoshop love.

RenderFinal.jpg

A little Sunday night project.

Bolg from The Hobbit movies, always liked this dude!

11098194_10153429318164505_4570792304575369949_n.jpg

I like the face of the last character :smiley: good job (Y)

Thank you Antone_m. Your work is great btw!