Default Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

H,
    I imagined the turtles like they were real mutants, so here we go :

sculpted and rendered in zbrush, colored in photoshop

pretty primitive and weak looking to have ninja weapons...
    great sculpting for a base concept could use a few more iterations of detail...
    not feeling this concept at all because TMNT are real mutants... never seen turtles talk or stand bipedal...
    should been "OMNT" Old Mutant Ninja Turtles and put them in a retirement home...

This is constructive criticism, I'm not being a jerk just honest as I would expect from others once I begin posting my work

I'm having a hard time separating the branding of the TMNT to objectively critique your work, but I'll try. This seems really early in the creative process too, so it may be the perfect opportunity to ask for critiques to correct the problems before you spend countless hours before taking your sculpts in a different direction, and erasing the work you did earlier.
    I'll start with Donatello
    The gesture (primary form) and secondary form of Donatello is the best one here and looks like it just needs work on the tertiary details. The staff needs a lot more work, and you may want to look for images of tree trunks and staffs. You can use spotlight to help with a lot of the details of the tree bark.

Michealangelo
    He's soo skinny. I actually like those turtle feet though. An issue I have is with the color or hue of the mask. It just doesn't feel orange enough. Maybe adding nudging the saturation up a little will help. As for the Form, it needs just a little more mass for muscles, like a gymnastic athlete or Bruce Lee. It's too early for me to comment on the shell, but it has the most recognizable features of a shell.

Rapheal
    Obviously going for a brute. I like the warty lumps on the left side and feel they should be applied to more of skin of the figure. I don't mind that his neck isn't well defined. But his mask is a problem. That wrap in the back just won't work if this were in the real world. He'd spend more than 75% of his time keeping that in place. Maybe if he had some small spikes like some of the turtles have around the brow line of the eyes, that pierced through the mask or it was just a mask that snugly fit on the sides of his face like Batman and Robin it would look better.
    The turtle shell shape really isn't working for me at all. It's looking like women's slimming wear with holes for the breasts. Since he's so muscular, the shell segments around the pectoral muscles if they were like the traditional TMNTs just won't work. I would suggest looking at body armor and samurai armor for forms and shapes to use around this area. Oddly enough, segmented plates on Cyborgs would also be a good source of inspiration to look at.
    Finally, there's that skin on the bottom with the legs. It is sagging so much and isn't reading turtle. But I'll talk about the turtle skin at the end.

Leonardo
    The gesture or pose of this isn't working for me. The position of the legs is ok, but if the arms were bent a little more, it could be more dynamic and make him look like he's ready to counter an incoming attack. The feet, are too small. It just needs more work.
    The scale texture of the skin legs is good. Looks like it could be applied to the other turtles when your done.

The Skin
    Overall, all of the turtles skin looks tired and make all of the turtles look so old. It is true that turtles have wrinkles and folds in their skin. But their skin is also very elastic and the folds could be pinched in more. A good visual reference for observing this would be monitor lizards, especially the kimodo dragon. Following this reference should help keep the skin be wrinkly and yet not look tired. Around Rapheal's head, I don't feel it needs too much work other than a little refinement. Around his legs, it needs to hug closer to the muscle structure.