New Member Follow User Gallery

Default Help

Please help me take this face to the next level. I have tweaked it several times now and I know I am getting a lot closer to a decent looking properly proportionate female face, but just can't seem to nail it. Sometimes I think it looks good, but then dismiss that as pride due to time spent on it. Any bit of advice or critique would be greatly appreciated.

Member Follow User Gallery

HI. I think you have mostly right proportions, but what it makes it look not so right are all the parts. Focus on the shape of the nose, lips, ears, and especially eyes (when you'll have the eyes, you'll be half way to make it look good), none of these are looking correct as for now. Also focus on overall shape, and bony structure of the skull. There are many nuances that you are missing. Use photo reference in conjuction to anatomiacal references. As far the best reference which I can think of are 3d scans, because you have human form without any color information. Keep practicing friend, and good luck
    Looking for freelance work....

Thank you for your reply xenoo.

I took your advice and went over the nose again giving the naison a pinch between the eyes and made it more of a triangular shape from the front by adding some meat to the nasofacial angle. I also changed the profile by adding more clay on to the bridge of her nose.

For the eyes I added the lacrimal pappilla (not sure if that is the proper name for the little pink membrane between your lashes and eye) and tried to clean up the shape of the lids. I also added the fatty pad that goes over outer eye. I also reduced the size of the iris.

As far as bony structures of the skull could you be more specific? I tried to dip in a bit in the side of the head and pronounce the cheekbone to give the hint of a zygomatic arch but I keep running into the problem of giving defenition to her face and then taking it away because it makes her look more masculine.

This is the photo have been using for reference

Here are some of the changes. (orthographic)

Here is the model with the updates. (perspective)

Any ideas on what else I can improve? Please be as specific as possible.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

I will suggest you try to block the side view also. If you use that Olivia Wilde reference then my website can help you:

Scote thanks for the reply and the link to the site. And thank you even more for letting me know who this picture was of (yes I live under a rock). I just looked up symmetrical faces and her pic popped up. Looking at other pictures of her though I definitely will not be imitating her face further than what I have so far. Not to say she isn't pretty. Just not very attractive to me. I was just using the picture to make sure everything was in the right place.

I changed her profile to match your refrence pic. Thank you it helped a lot. Maybe Ill put some eyebrows and makeup on that might make me like this face better. I think something is wrong with the cheeks too. I just cant figure out what it is.

I added some makeup and new lashes. Changed the profile to match reference photo. Added to flesh under eye, above the nasal labial fold to make her face look more round.