Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default Iron Man's New Enemy

Hi guys.I have been working in a new character design. I thought it was kind of cool the idea of coming up with some character based on Iron Man superhero but in a 100% improvising modelling session. I thought it could be like a new Iron Man's foe. Both sculptures are purely conceptual. I didn't work much on technical side and that allowed me to quickly iterate and have quick feedback.

720p HD
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYpn8qQCMOI

720p HD
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43Cnj4rFKJw

http://oscarperezart.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/oscar.perezayala
    https://www.facebook.com/OscarPerezArt

awesome hardsurface work buddy.Just love it.keep rocking.

i'm glad you like it!!

New Member Follow User Gallery

Batman Arkham Origins in background?
    "I am still learning" ~ Michelangelo Buonarrotti, age 87 ~

yes, I was inspired by Batman Arkham, and many other artists

New Member Follow User Gallery

Super dope dude!!

thanks you ceeloke79

Wow this is cool. really impressive work here!!!

thank you d'Artbot!

I have uploaded the two sculptures and textures to Gumroad, you can get it from there if you can. Cheers.

https://gumroad.com/OscarperezArt

Nice Really captures my imagination this one thinking about how he might fit in to the Marvel universe, if he's human under the suit and what his power set might be.

Would like to know those things if you have answers. I have a few ideas myself if you are interested.

I have not thought about it, tell me your ideas please

Ok cool. The way you have included the Triangular light source on the chest plate makes me think that the suit is probably in some way derived from the Iron Man technology. Which leads in to the classic armor wars type villains. If that's the case I feel like the character could be an alien for a change, or a robot created by an alien race, I think I've seen Iron man whoop so much Kree/Skrull butt over the years they obviously don't quite have an equivilent or not that I've seen anyway. So maybe an alien race could be interested enough to have stolen/procured Stark tech just like so many others before, to make this fit better with the comics I'm tempted to say that the technology could have been taken during the Skrull infiltration of Earth (secret Invasion [if this actually happened and I just don't know about it that's even better]), but there are numerous other races in the Marvel Universe to choose from and since the tech is so widely available on Earth they could be any number of ways it could have ended up in alien hands (if it hasn't already happened which it probably has given how many comics they make) .

I also like the idea of breaking away from Iron Mans power set, because for me in the comics at least we have seen enough of these characters that the new character is more meaningful if they actually innovated on top of what Stark did. So for that maybe you could say that the Arc reactor and the suit together is redesigned to function as a way to tap into one of the many exotic forces that exist in the MCU, for instance the dark force dimension (which is NOT similar to the dark side of the force). Not sure but I felt that the "black hole grenades" used by the dark elves were perhaps a nod towards darkforce or were dark force based (I loved them!). Darkforce is underused in my opinion (which is good because then you can make it do things nobody knew it did before without raising too many eyebrows, and it is already hugely versatile).

As a rule the different characters with darkforce powers are able to do a wide variety of things such as teleport themselves and others create solid darkmatter weapons, force fields etc (so it's a form of matter animation and there are very few limits on what you can do with that visually) and considering how few characters there are that have darkforce powers there are there is a very wide range in how powerful they are or can be. When I think about how darkforce derived powers have appeared in movies gives me Nighcrawlers assault on the whitehouse in X2 (one of the best IMHO) so there would be huge potential for cool VFX with this powerset IMO.

Hope this isn't too long winded. Got a bit carried away.

I think just had a cleaner idea for the origin while I was surfing around waiting for a render. This idea is that for some reason Tony Stark sends an unmanned suit into the darkforce dimension, or a darkforce powered villain forcibly teleports and dumps it there. Then the suit is possessed by some malignant evil entity that resides within the darkforce dimension and the two form a symbiotic relationship that results in a mechanical Iron man type character with dark force powerset, possibly the two have now become fused in such a way that parts of the suit are now entirely composed of dark force.

So it's kinda like Venom meets Event horizon meets Iron man meets Nightcrawler. I think it goes with the look!

The powerset from here is an open playground because the darkforce is still quite mysterious in the comics.

thanks man, great ideas!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast