Default Grazeart

Some new work from me, I am pretty happy with how they turned out. The robot is a lowpoly model rendered in marmoset.

I have alot more work on my website so go have a look

www.grazeart.com

Stay positive and work hard!!

Portfolio

Facebook Page

Mario Scene

New Member Follow User Gallery

Excellent work mate!

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Lovely sculpts! like the robot!

Default Hipster Bust Breakdown

Thanks guys

I will be doing a breakdown of all the projects. If I miss anything you want to know, I will try put something together for you all.

Here is a render from Zbrush of the sculpt, some information about my thought process, and a GIF showing the general steps.

Portfolio

Facebook Page

Mario Scene

great work man!
    you achieved that life like feel in my opinion
    thanks for the breakdown as well
    artstation page ---> https://www.artstation.com/artist/fynngb
    my deviantart page ---> http://grimnor.deviantart.com/
    my youtube channel ---> http://www.youtube.com/user/FynnGB

Default Biker Bust Breakdown

So here is another breakdown, but this time of the Biker model I made. I hope its informative and helpful to any of you out there.

Sorry the GIF is really low quality due to file size limitations.

This is the Render straight from Zbrush using all default settings.

The general process of how I sculpted it.

So the beard was really hard to create and I went through many iterations to get to the final look. There was really no reference that had the right mix I was after.
    I wanted a beard that felt natural, sculptural yet true to the feel of the character. Now most sculpted beards are either flowy, or really noisy like using fibremesh.

So I began building the beard up right from the head sculpt rather than a separate mesh. I just prefer the look of a seamless transition. I then used the smooth brush to smooth it off, and using the standard and dam standard brushes to refine it and add more hairs. I used the spiral brush on low intensity to make it curl, and now and again pressing ALT to make it curl in the opposite direction.
    I then duplicated the head, deleted alot of it but kept the beard and the general surrounding area so it would still blend into the original head seamlessly. I Zremeshed the beard to get better polyflow, and then projected it to get some details back. I started to refine the forms of the beard with the move, standard and snakehook brush, to create more variation in the silhouette. The final touch was then to just add a few smaller strands of hair with the curve tube brush,

I hope this GIF along side the explanation will help you understand more clearly.

Portfolio

Facebook Page

Mario Scene

Awesome busts! Would love more of a breakdown of how you start from a cube besides "1. )cube -> 2.) head 75% done"...probably asking too much I know. I still haven't been able to get the nack of starting a head from scatch in ZBrush as opposed to starting with one of their basemeshes.

Great job Graze

You make good art. I like it.
    Francis-Xavier Martins
    Freelance Cg Artist
    Folio
    ZSketchbook ArtStation Facebook