blush's Sketchbook

Greetings!

Thought I’d start posting some of my work here as well. :slight_smile:

Here is my latest personal doodle:

Attachments

demon_final_001_sub500k.jpg

This is wrecking my brain it is so good! :smiley:

Fantastic work.

:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Very nice! I dig it!

Great texture and powerful!
I want to be like that way possible.

Awesome,

I am normally not a fan of, sorry, ‘yet another variation on that same monster’ but this is an exception. You managed to add some herbs and a healthy dose of pepper to a far too often chewed meal.
It is not easy to do this, but you diddit!

Congrats!

awesome!

EricShawn, Clintus Maximus, yoty42, Masart and milivoj_popovic - Thanks a lot! :slight_smile:

Erik Heyninck - This is probably one of the best comments I’ve received so far - ever. Thanks! :slight_smile:

Likeness study - self portrait
selfPortrait_002_zbc.jpg

Very intriguing likeness study. :slight_smile:

You gave yourself an air of quiet mystery.

On the practical side, I like your understated detail. Just enough detail to be interesting.

thanks Jan19 :slight_smile:

A saturday worth of doodling, just started from a dynamesh sphere and played around without any goal.

saturday_doodle_003_sub500k.jpg

You’re welcome. :slight_smile:

Your Saturday doodle is beyond awesome.

Knit, jacket, face – all so well done.

Be proud of your skills, dude. You sure got 'em. :cool:

Great work overall
But I’m really digging that knit hat, very realistic.
is that a noisemaker technique?

Thanks jan19 and BlackMath

BlackMath: It’s more or less the MicroMesh technique that Funky Bunnies posted a tutorial here on zbrushcentral, with slight modification here and there. Thread can be found here - http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?167958-Funky-s-3d-sculptage&p=1038063#post1038063

sweet thanks for the link blush

Do you use HD geometry?

I just discovered that, and it is wonderful, but I’m backed into a corner.

I didn’t know that after I went into HD, I can’t split my model into subtools.

At least Zbrush will render HD. :slight_smile:

From the detail on the face of your model, I thought that might be what you’d used…HD Divide. :slight_smile:

jan19 : no, I didn’t use Geometry HD on this sculpt. The head ends where the collar to his shirt starts, so the mesh is fairly small in size and at around 1.7mil polys.

Oh…ok. :slight_smile: Thanks for the reply!

I thought from the level of detail you have, that you might’ve gone up into the multi-millions/polycount.

Great that you were able to accomplish that without HD, and good idea, not wasting poly space.

Quick little speedsculpt I did a while back.

I recently bought Marmoset Toolbag 2, so I took one of my existing speedsculpt and played around a bit.
Here is the result…
eveningDoodle_mormoset_final_001.jpg
Final Image

Lineup

eveneing_doodle.jpg
Original speedsculpt