Default Snow

Happy new year everybody,
    Here's my latest image, I hope you'll like it.
    I will post some ZBrush images and close-ups soon as well.
    Cheers!

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

that's beautiful I look forward to more pics!

Member Follow User Gallery

Fantastic illustration!
    I find myself wondering a little about the composition: with respect to the creature-tree, was your intention to make it seem to be escaping? If so, I think it's brilliantly composed! If not, I think that if the image were cropped on the left to about midway on the trunk of the tree in the middle-ground, it would give more of a sense of the creature-tree turning as if to attack.. As it stands, the weight of interest on the right is tending to push my eye out of the image on that side

But, either way, it is very very nicely executed!

Thumbs up

Truly beautiful piece, so much to look at. I love the demon tree, at first I thought the dead wolf was killed by a bear or other wolves, but nope,
    that demon tree barely got a bit out of it before he was disturbed by our lone warrior, as the dead wolf has no snow covering it.
    love the way you covered the trees in snow, such attention to detail. love it all

Please tell us how you created this master-piece

Cheers

beautiful,

I love the "treemonster"

Great scene and mood!

Fantastic work!

Cheers!
    TheRazorsEdge

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do."
    - Bruce Lee -

You're right "teeg000" and I already cropped it.
    Originally the image was a horizontal composition with on the left more open forest with more Vikings coming with dogs in the distance.
    That would have helped suggesting that this was one of the dogs and not a wolf.

But I ran out of time and energy so I decided to crop it to finish it faster ( and add a collar on the dog instead .
    For the pose of the tree I was trying to make it look like he's hiding.

Funny thing too is I flipped the image at the end.The tree was on the right the whole time I worked on that image.

Thanks for the critics!
    Cheers,

L

Default Close-ups and BPR renders

I made some renders in ZBrush.

New Member Follow User Gallery

I think for the cropped version it would make more sense to have the viking looking back at the tree creature. Would definitely give the composition a boost. They're both looking off of the image and I keep wondering what they're looking at. They don't seem like enemies either, the dog appears to have been killed by the viking and feels like he wants to protect the tree creature from further injury.

But anyway, overall I like the details and the lighting you put into it. I especially like your viking. Very cool and feels like it's straight out of Skyrim.

Baektopierlot I really like your work, the tree texture is super cool. I was wondering if you could give any insight into how you rendered? Did you do the fur with fibermesh? Thanks!

Wow!!! This is an incredble piece!!!

New Member Follow User Gallery

Splendid picture.
    The tiny streak of blood beneath the tree demon's hand is inspired!
    I don't 'read' the Viking as 'looking off-screen' myself.... I see it more as he is whipping his head from left to right, and back, seeking out the dog's killer. Possibly a bit more fly-away hair strands might re-inforce that.. just a suggestion.
    Both the cropped version and the fuller version tell different aspects of the scene: the cropped version focused on the Viking seeking the menace but unaware of the closeness of it, and the fuller version revealing the monster in all it's 'glory'.

Well-done!