ZBrushCentral

Magic Bottle....for the Middle Aged Man In You

You know I was flipping thru some albums of pics from over the past several years last night on the ole computer…I became very agitated and aggrivated…the pics in the first composite cover the changes of middle age and its’ crisis over the past 8ish years…omg…well I was very depressed needless to say by 4 this morning…I am a bit more cheerful now though…Just for Men hair coloring…it brought me back to life and painted one or two years off of me at least in my own eyes…The reason I bring this up etc…is not just because I took self pics…but to show what a difference something so simple and cheap can do for a person and their emotional state. I know there are many out here my ageISH and older…and if you get into a depressive funk like I was about you state of looks and or being…start with the hair…and I am very thin on top of the ole head…but its easy and quick to change…and takes all of five minutes and a quick wash up afterwards and presto chango…no more or at least not as much ugliness staring back thru the mirror at ya…at least that is what it did for me today and I thought I would share…I am 40 and well was really looking very veyr run down…something about staying up all night with my buddy Z2 the invincible…(Ofer you owe me 6 bux for the hair dye…lol)

Hope this makes yall smile
Ron

8 years of aging…shudders…(I liked my baseball hat beard days best with the reddish color)

and after waking up today and using the magic in the little bottle.

bottom photos taken by my 12 year old daughter for me… :slight_smile:

cool images Ron and a great idea.im 30 since a couple of weeks and i think that when im 40 then im going to look like 50. :smiley:

hmm, don’t think it was just hair dye. look at the bottom pic, you’ve got red-eye. Looks like a demonic pact was in there also. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ahhh! The face behind the madness :smiley: :+1:

Just jokeing,

Right on! Glad to see you shareing your image…Wish I was as Brave…

But before I share with ZBC I think I better send My mom a picture of me first (think it has been 9 years science she seen me)…

To make a long story short, I am a goofy looking Irishman, that is 6’2", Blond hair, and a Huge red beard (If you know of a band called ZZTOP then you have seen me…just no guitar, big assed beard,and blond hair)

HEY! Ron, If you wanna chat sometime Let me know!!! I can meet you in the FREENODE chat room or whatever… we can make our own room also…

I dont do MSN, or ICQ, send me E-mail or chat with me and I say why…

anyways, you look young at 40… you hide your age well… I have a younger brother that is starting to loose hair now… hairloss is no gauge of beauty in my opinion… :slight_smile:

only a proud man shows his face in public places… wish I was as proud…

I need a camera, perhaps I get a quick snapshot from a tourist with digital camera… ask them to EMAIL it to me :slight_smile:

in my honest opinion you are a distinguished looking gentleman :slight_smile:

Wish you a good day M8!

I am gonna work on posting my photo here also :slight_smile: thanks for inspiration… perhaps I may shave first…

I am sure you are hoping that it would be as easy as that…well done Ron! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :smiley: :smiley: :+1: :+1:

the hair dye also makes each hair thicker, a pleasent side effect :wink:

well, i like the grey temples … :rolleyes: and i guess a lot other women too … its the spirit that counts, not the hair color or density … (and me has passed the 40, and have first greys, which i do love :slight_smile: ) … an opinion from the opposite gender, for what it is worth … :wink:

heh. i been getting grey hair since i was 16. now 23 i got lots. :slight_smile: i dont really mind though. not yet anyway.

Interesting to see your working environment too! :smiley:

Ron, you are 1 post away from the Big 5000! And ya look great for 40, Bro. I’m 42 and my grey beard and laugh lines around my eyes are my pride and joy…I earned ‘em. I’m guessin’ you did too…; )

Dickie

Reminds me of a Dame Edna line on Parky when he asked her age…

"Well, I’m approaching sixty, Michael…

…Unfortunately I’m approaching it from the wrong direction

Martin:

heh. i been getting grey hair since i was 16. now 23 i got lots. :slight_smile: i dont really mind though. not yet anyway.

Swap 16 for 30, and 23 for 48, and…Ditto :slight_smile:

Photo supplied on request; hehe :wink:

Chris

I’m glad you stopped wearing that make-up Ron! :smiley:
Lemo

PD:But I have to admit that your hair coloring Job looks great.

Lem:

PD:But I have to admit that your hair coloring Job looks great.
Agreed… like a young Kiefer Sutherland :slight_smile:

Any side effects, Ron??

His passport now read’s Ron Bauer and recently he received a Job offer from CTU LA.
Lemo :smiley:

ron2.jpg

omg…thnx for the pm Lemo…lol…I honestly havent ignored anyone…I didnt get my mail responses showing that this had been replied to…geeeez…egg in my face…

manitu…you must be 32 by now…gasp…hope you are enjoying life…

game…yer right I did make a pact, but it was inadvertently done when I said the words…shudddders…I do…:smiley:

Polaris…hope you are still around lurking at least…havent ehard from ya in ages…did you ever get you a cam?

Deevee…Joe happy birthday…68? I think Joe’s bday is the 14th of April. I dunno if you lurk here anymore or not Joe…stay healthy.

King S…it does make the hair thicker…so I had to make good use out of my handful of hair then…

Ambient Whisper…when yer not old and have gray hair, it’s sexy…but in mid life, it becomes "distinguished and other elderly terms…lol…the best I get to do these days is flirt with the checkout girls at the Walmarts here.:cry:

Slapshot…amen…I keep hoping they come out with nanno technology to eat fat away and regrow a full head of hair…:+1:

Atwooki…lol…post that pic :+1: :smiley: :+1: Inquiring minds wanna see:red_circle:

Lemo…lol, I won’t go there…(not that it hasn’t happened before…ooops)slaps self…“it was the 80’s then Ron…It was allowed then”

Love the little ad there…my son just cracked up when I showed him…

Side effects…hmmmmmm…rule of thumb…don’t use a color that involves amonia (sp?) It does burn after a while…:wink: but thanks…I really did like that hair dye job…it just grows out too quickly, then I end up looking like my calico cat’s fur…

That pic in the ad does look familiar…One year I had a pony tail (1998ish) and used the coppertone tan in a tube, stuff…looked like a fat hippy version of the Great PUmpkin Charlie Brown…Visited my kin-folks in middle TN, and they chased me with scissors and kept calling me Hollywood…the orange skin went over like a turd in a punch bowl.

Well two years have about past since this post started and thnx to a kindly PM it was just revived…

Ron since posting this originally, has been diagnosed with diabetes, alot of degenerative arthiritis in my upper and lower back, scoliosis, and some other things including a bit of depression…and sleep depraved…der…:wink: At one point I got up to 325 pounds, but am currently down to 275…my blood pressure is back in the norms…I now hate carbohydrates because I can’t eat them hardly anymore…grrrrrr…the VA has me on anti depressants, sleeping pills, antiinflamatory pills, pain pills, pills for bad nails, and glyburide for my diabetes…just had an MRI performed in Nashville…I am awaiting those results…

and hit 43 on May7…married 20 years in July 17th…

not griping, just giving the vitals…lol…life is life…so we live in it the best way we know how…I guess…

posting two new images…one is me currently tonight and the other is a recent pic of me and a striped bass I caught in the middle of the night a couple of weeks ago…been sick this week so I can’t go and drown my worms…:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: and taking extra meds while I wait for May 15th aka Z3 DAY!!!

again my friends, I thank you for your fun and kind words and am so so sorry I missed this post…slaps self…

your friend,
Ron
catfishmn@aol.com
RonNBass07.jpg

ps…I completely shaved my head a month ago down to the scalp…freaked everyone here out…lol…but it’s slowly growing back…grrrrr…Now I look like my father also…:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Attachments

RonTonightSick1.jpg

And you don’t answer your email!!! I emailed you 2 weeks ago, haven’t heard back. Nice to see you on the forum again…it seems you took a small break recently. Me, I took a 3 year break. Shame on me, but I hope to talk to you more.

I recognize one of the older pictures…you sent me one way back when. Now I am the age you were then…37

Keep in touch.

oops…found one of the emails I had saved …just wrote ya…
Ron :stuck_out_tongue:

Getting old is not for the faint of heart, but it’s better than the alternative.

If you’re feeling bummed about your hair, then somebody has the challenge for you! :wink: http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=43757

Take it easy Ron.

Hi Ron
Just realised I didn’t submit a pic of my ‘mutt’ to your thread - sorry!
As a fellow angler, here’s one of my biggest Nile Perch to date also (both a year out of date;) )

cheers

Chris

EDIT: I should mention to ‘non-anglers’ (I’ve heard they exist!) this is a medium-size Nile perch :wink:

Attachments

me2.jpg

NilePerch_44Kilos.jpg