Member Follow User Gallery

Sadly the link in my email to get to the upgrade just times out. Got to wonder if all the hype was worth it when the servers can't cope...... BUT, as an OSX user it might be a blessing in disguise!

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Thebest12 View Post
    DON'T USE ZMODELR BRUSH/ EDGE LOOP /SPLIN, BECAUSE IT WILL CRASH IT......i HAVE TRIED IT 10 TIMES
    Crashes with the the spin edge function are usually tied to tiny bits of extraneous or hidden geometry it is possible to inadvertently create with some of the other functions. Tiny, almost invisible ploygons that appear to be single edge, for instance. Every time I've gotten one of those crashes, I've found extraneous geometry in the problem area by deleting polygons and reconstructing it.

For instance, don't use the slice function to split partially visible polygons, and go over the edge of the visible polygons. It will create such problematic geometry when everything is visible again.

It is important to remember that Zbrush does not support N-gons. Therefore every operation MUST result in a quad, and will be forced to do so. It takes a bit of adjustment, but once you understand this, you can avoid many problematic actions.
    -Scott
    Formerly Known As Bingo Jackson

i will love (and i hope so) the Gem Team will open/concentrate the tutorials/tips/trick in an special thread so we can learn from others and can reproduce or not some presumed errors, specially with the 64v.
    http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthr...75#post1123275

Quote Originally Posted by higginsdj
    Sadly the link in my email to get to the upgrade just times out. Got to wonder if all the hype was worth it when the servers can't cope......
    Generally, people only crash servers when a lot of them do, in fact, deem a product to be worth the hype.

Patience. We've waited this long, and within the next 24 hours most people will be sorted.
    -Scott

Due to the shear volume of excitement for our new product offerings, we're temporarily closing the store.
    This does not effect your activations or your upgrades.

Thank you for your patience, we'll be back soon!***8203;
    The mind is like a parachute -
    it only works if it is open.
    Frank Zappa

My Sketchbook

Am I the only one still experiencing Surface-Noise crashes? Even on the new 64-bit......
    Everything else is working like a dream...just have to learn the new features.

I really don't get the surface-noise crash though....I've re-installed and still have the issue..

Crashes with the the spin edge function are usually tied to tiny bits of extraneous or hidden geometry it is possible to inadvertently create with some of the other functions. Tiny, almost invisible ploygons that appear to be single edge, for instance. Every time I've gotten one of those crashes, I've found extraneous geometry in the problem area by deleting polygons and reconstructing it.

For instance, don't use the slice function to split partially visible polygons, and go over the edge of the visible polygons. It will create such problematic geometry when everything is visible again.

It is important to remember that Zbrush does not support N-gons. Therefore every operation MUST result in a quad, and will be forced to do so. It takes a bit of adjustment, but once you understand this, you can avoid many problematic actions.
    i WAS WORKING ON A EVEN SIDED CUBE, AND IT STILL DOES IT NO MATTER WHAT. the GEOMETRY WAS NICE AND CLEAN NOTHING HIDDEN

New Member Follow User Gallery

Default thanks Pixo...

...wow much awesome! Amazing release!

However I'm having trouble with Zremesher, seems to be totally ignoring my guide curves, unless its wacked up to 100, which is different from Zr6, where it would detect the curve even at Curve Strength 50 anyone else experienced this? any other documentation I missed? (Im re-topologising a head btw)

cant wait to get stuck into the new Zmodeler!

Cry... Finally got my ZBrush activated and wanted to buy to hotly awaitat Keyshot and then the store gets taken down 8( Damn the Keyshot4Zbrush was what I wanted...
    ---
    Cheetah3D, ZBrush, Shade 3D

Wow what an update!
    This one is a real knockout. Thanks a zillion.

Default Just a little while longer

First day was the worst, almost over, few more hours.
    Hang in.

Quote Originally Posted by Thebest12 View Post
    i WAS WORKING ON A EVEN SIDED CUBE, AND IT STILL DOES IT NO MATTER WHAT. the GEOMETRY WAS NICE AND CLEAN NOTHING HIDDEN
    Don't misunderstand me. It IS a very temperamental function, and it WILL crash repeatedly if everything is not to its liking. Most of the Zmodeller functions are pretty stable, but you should always save before attempting to spin an edge. I generally avoid it until Pixo gets more of the issues sorted out. They are aware of it.

However, if you investigate further, I would not be surprised to find something is problematic with the cube. One thing that can happen is if you have the edge action set to spin, but have the polygon action set to some operation that adds geometry, and you miss the edge target and inadvertently add some invisible geometry to one of the adjacent faces, then spin edge will crash when you try it again. For some sensitive operations its helpful to set the other target options to "Do Nothing" to avoid any mishap in fine work.

My only point was that Spin Edge *does* work, and when it crashes there is usually a reason for it (typically nearly invisible, extraneous geometry) even if it isn't immediately apparent. I just spun the face edge on this cube about 20 times with no issue:

-Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Hedron77
    However I'm having trouble with Zremesher, seems to be totally ignoring my guide curves, unless its wacked up to 100, which is different from Zr6, where it would detect the curve even at Curve Strength 50 anyone else experienced this? any other documentation I missed? (Im re-topologising a head btw)
    There should be a "whats new" PDF in your file directory somewhere. The ZRemesher behavior has changed in the new version. It is now MUCH less likely to generate spirals, and somewhat more accurate along hard edges, especially if you use the new polygrouping feature to influence edge flow, which is useful for remeshing hard surfaces.

This will mean it behaves somewhat differently than you're accustomed to(usually for the better), and may take some time to get used to.
    -Scott

New Member Follow User Gallery

HI Scott,

Thanks for that, I did already have a look at the Whats New guide, will try a few things though and see what happens...but its weird that the curves are totally ignored.

So, finally was able to download and install it, but now the activation webpage is not loading (activating the 32-bit version, which should activate both)

Hm, suppose i could wait another hour or two