Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Yes, I like it, too. I think of it as a much more powerful, boxy, version of ZSpheres.... which I just could NEVER get the hang of.
    Custom Jewellery Design - Third Dimension Jewellery

I hope this help

thebeat12 thank you was informative for me

On the pixologic website David Richardson has a great video demoing his workflow for his zbrush4r7 betatesting https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvmrXuBb-vw

I see this a lot people come from Max or Maya or some other typical 3d program and model the way they would as in zbrush as if they are still modeling in max or something. Zmodeller is a great tool but you must combine it with the rest of zbrush to get the full power out of it.

Stop pushing and pulling verts and start using slice tool and groups....

I have one question regarding post #78 - how do you make the curve corners so sharp? mine are really rounded which makes the curve look too organic.

post #78
    Add to Curve meets the Tube Brushes
    Here's another tip that might not be in the classrom vids. If it is, don't tell me. I thought I was terribly clever when I figured this out.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	add to curve.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	381.2 KB 
ID:	446333  

Found this video, that's pretty informative on using Zremesher.

Hopefully might help someone

cheers

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Qs60arDQ0"]www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Qs60arDQ0[/URL]

I see this a lot people come from Max or Maya or some other typical 3d program and model the way they would as in zbrush as if they are still modeling in max or something. Zmodeller is a great tool but you must combine it with the rest of zbrush to get the full power out of it.

Stop pushing and pulling verts and start using slice tool and groups....
    I have been saying this since day one

this is what I was afraid of........... soon you will not be able to know who is truly sculpting z brush

need help any tips please watch ...........

Thebest12:

Just had another thought:

You might be able to do it with the Unified Skin in the Tools Palette. You might have to play with resolution and smooth.

Cheers

Thebest12:

Just had another thought:

You might be able to do it with the Unified Skin in the Tools Palette. You might have to play with resolution and smooth.

Cheers
    I know that way, I was just hoping that the z modeler could create shells

No worries . Dont think it can mate. IE the 'one click option' But it is the first iteration, so who knows what might come for ZB5.

I cant see the point personal, if it can already be done using other ZB Tools. might be a case of design your own UI once you can incorporate the Zmodeler toolset

Good luck

1.-Qcube 1x1x1
    2.delete front face
    3.flipface all poly
    4.Qmesh all poly

IF YOU WANT 1 CLICK MAKE A MACRO!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flipface_all.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	231.3 KB 
ID:	446551  

I would have suggested the same andreseloy. But I think Thebest12, as he stated 'any magic button - click and it turns into a shell', which I believe, if you are looking for that "one click option", is the unify button. Do it at a low resolution and then reactivate Zmodeler. Voila. But it's not all within Zmodeler as he wanted - soz.

Thebest12, just out of interest, is there a reason why you are just trying to stay within Zmodeler? Sounds like you might be making hard work for yourself fella to accomplish tasks, instead of using the full range of tools in conjunction with each other. The only thing I can think of is you are comparing with other 3d packages. If that's the case then, even they are not a one click options. You still have to mess around with sliders/buttons etc for thickness, depth, segments, inner and outer amounts, override material IDs etc (Shell modifier - 3ds max). Anyway good luck in finding that one click button, I hope you find it.

Just had a brainstorm: hmmm wonder if a macro/script could be written for it

Has the zmodeler tools been setup for macro/script usage? Not delved into this bit of Zmodeler yet.

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 ... LastLast