Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default Suggestions for web browser that handles update downloads better than Chrome?

Hi everyone,

To make a long story short, my current internet connection is very poor and I have been having trouble downloading the new ZB4 R7 update. Basically the download will cancel shortly after commencing when my wireless signal drops-out and I am forced to try again from the first byte.

Right now I am using Google Chrome on W7 and was just wondering if anyone knows of another web-browser that is able to actually continue the download from the last point once the signal returns (as it often does).

Not sure if this is possible but until I can find a decent net connection elsewhere I am kinda stuck with no new Zbrush to explore.

Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks!

New Member Follow User Gallery

Default Try Firefox or a downlaod manager

How is your update going?

I would recommend Firefox, it's download manager seems fairly robust or alternatively try a download manager, there are a lot out there so be carful of malware. I would recommend searching cnet downloads and go by some of the editors or users recommendations.

Good Luck!

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Hey dcpher,

I actually managed to find a decent net connection at another location to d/l from so I now have 4R7.

Loving the new version!

I had tried firefox with the same result unfortunately but will check out a download manager in the future.

Hopefully I will get a faster/more reliable net service installed next month so I can finally have the bandwidth to access online resources.

I Really appreciate your help.

Thanks mate!