Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default Hobbit Collectible Sculpts for Weta Collectibles

Hello All!
    Wow, its been ages since I posted on here but I do love checking in on all the amazing works that appear here! I wanted to share some ZBrush sculpts I did since moving to New Zealand to work for Weta. These were produced at Weta Workshop for the Weta Collectibles line. I helped get the new collectibles produced with ZBrush and 3D printing.

First off is my favorite, Thorin. I had a great time working on this one, its a challenge getting every detail down - even counting the number of plates in his sleeve armor or matching the number of plaits in a braid. Attention to details like this is all part of the process.

Some of you might remember seeing a life sized version of this at Comicon a few years ago - that was milled from the exact same ZBrush data used to print out the model. This piece was 3D milled, assembled, and painted by the team at Weta Workshop for the Comicon Booth.

The final figure after manufacturing is here... A whole process of molding, casting, painting, and manufacture goes into the steps between these images and the final collectible. Thanks to those artists as well!
    https://www.wetanz.com/thorin-oakenshield/

Thanks to Richard for letting me show this. After almost 5 years on the Hobbit Films its awesome to be able to share some of the fun stuff that went into them : D

Thank you ZBC community for taking a look. Now I Will let you all get back to having a blast with the new ZBrush 4R7 - thanks for looking!!!

Here is an image of the final collectible itself

Stunning! Wish I could have seen it life size!

This is great work. I guess they didn't like the ears showing....Wonder how it would have looked in color.

Member Follow User Gallery

Great work I assume that some people might count the number of plates on the shoulder

New Member Follow User Gallery

Great work as always,love it...

Great to see you back Scott! Love your work! Waiting on your next book .

Thanks everyone. Glad you like them. I will try and post some of the others I did in a bit