New Member Follow User Gallery

Default Archer in the mist

she is an Asian Archer in the Middle Ages.

Thank you.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Why did you mark this as MA? I don't see any nudity or anything that only adults should see.

I like the figure and outfit. The bow seems to intersect with the tree geometry.

Default Why MA

as previously asked - why the MA rating - watching the news is more adult

Work is good
    cheers

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

The archer I would say is a strong piece in my opinion. I really like your character model.
    If I might add some critiques...The first image where she, and the bow are pushing through the geometry of the tree hurts the image (for me) and removes the focus from her to the polygonal edges of the tree and then brings more attention to the tree from there on out. It feels like you have mixed a medium res poly object (except her face) with a older game res model tree. It may be your intention to not give much attention to the tree by not detailing it out or making it smoother but for me it hurts the image at this time. I can see that the tree is blurred as in a form of Depth of field but I would suggest to not blur the texture as much or change your DOF if that is what is causing the blur.

In the second (full) image I believe this is a better shot because you can't see the same angle mentioned above, but after seeing the first image my eyes are now drawn to the choppiness, faceting of the tree. As I mentioned you may want the focus to be on her and not the tree but I seem to be paying more attention to it than I feel I should, especially since she is so well done. The hair, the outfit and skin look very nice. One more thing that I would add is the placement of her foot. If this tree is in the same 3d project file and you would rotate it around, I believe you would see that her extended foot would not sit well on the trunk of the tree, and if she is putting weight on it then I believe she would fall as soon as she stood up. I understand she is in kind of a sitting/leaning pose in the first image, but in the second image that is not so clear, as well as I fell there should be more/darker shadows near where her foot comes in contact (if it does) with the tree trunk.

Thank you for posting your work I do like it a lot. I also like the overall curves of the tree once I get past the items mentioned above. I believe your intent may have been to help the viewers eyes circle around the image and back onto your main subject. That is a very good idea. just be careful with the depth of field/blurring your image too much in unnecessary places. The suggestions are just a personal opinion on what I would do to improve it.

I will be following your thread to see how this turns out. Keep up the good work.

Very nice scene and face look realistic. Great job.