ZBrushCentral

Sandeep's Sketchbook

Hello Zbrush community. This is my first post here. Like all artists, I have been inspired by the works posted on this site . I want to share my work with you guys through this sketchbook.

For a start , here is a sculpt that I ve made using Zbrush in my free time. The render is done in maya with arnold renderer.
All suggestions and crits are welcome.

Here is a turnaround and zbrush screenshot

Attachments

Boxer2k.jpg

BoxerTurnaround.jpg

ZBrush1.jpg

Well done Sandeep.:+1:

Saw this recently on CG Society too. Really great work on the anatomy Sandeep. Nice irregularities and compression in the skin in various places helps it really come to life. It may help to try dropping his raised elbow down just slightly to get a little more angle in that arm, so that it is a bit less horizontal. Great work overall! Thanks for sharing!

John

Thanks @Bhushan and @john.

Here is one more closeup render.

Nice pose and expression sandeepvs! Great work on the anatomy! :slight_smile:

This is a real favorite of mine, I really really hope that it is put on the top row.

Amazing work man! This looks great!

Great start to your sketchbook! Eager to see what you post next.

Hey Sandeep, Sculpt is awesome, love the Face

Awesome! is that Zbrush render or another thing?

Amazing details, such a cool model!
My only critique would be, that the upper back/deltoids looks to much developed, especially the traps are unrealistically big in my opinion.

I am faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar from expert though, this is just my personal observation.
Still insane model and renders. love it!

looking pretty good :+1:

Thanks guys ! @ Rodrigo, Stupot, winstone, webhead, Rohit, lucky happy, Gandosh, AliJalali.
I am glad you guys liked my art.

Excellent Work

Top row stuff dude!..Love the details and form,u nailed it!

very awesome

The sculpt itself is absolutely fantastic, but the subtleties intrinsic to boxing fall a little short.

For starters, the shorts are far too low. They should be above the naval and most of the lower split abdominal.
Second, boxing shorts fit much looser than what is sculpted which wouldn’t be a big deal normally, but for a guy with body fat around 7%, there is no way that he should have flesh overhanging them. Perhaps on his right side with the compression, but not on his left front quarter.
Third is the pose. I cannot quite decipher what he is doing. He looks like he is attempting to block an attack or something? It could be the viewing angles, but his weight doesn’t seem to be sufficiently on his rear foot. Its the anchor while all power comes from the torso - regardless of being offensive or defensive. If he’s doing a left hook, he’s about to lose balance and most likely fall over. If this is his neutral stance, he’s going to have some broke ribs at the end of the match.
Lastly, It just struck me that he’s not wearing shoes, so he’s not a boxer… but hes wearing boxing shorts. Unless they aren’t boxing shorts, but they don’t really look like a typical pair of mma shorts.

So yeah, boxer, mma, kickboxer, it all still applies. I’d love to see your pose reference if possible!

Anyway, outstanding sculpt! Just some nitpicky snobbery coming from a guy who grew up boxing and watching ufc.

Thanks @sarah Mansour @redsea @dozogovi and @skasse

I agree and disagree with your points skasse.
First of all, I didnt intend him to be a typical run of the mill boxer.He could be boxing on the streets! (without shoes)
I mainly wanted to capture his anger and study anatomy rather than getting caught up in the nuances of a typical boxing costume.

But you are right about the shorts typically being above the naval, though I have seen a few images where its not.
Agree with you on the pose part, especially the rear leg having less weight.
I wanted it to look more dramatic than a usual boxing pose, atleast that was the intention.:slight_smile:

Thanks for the feedback. Always appreciate other artists’ point of views.

sandeepvs, you absolutely nailed the emotion. The character is anything but hollow, there is life and thought when you look into his eyes.
After reading your reply, I realized that all of my critique was based on the turn arounds and screenshots, which are not integral to your final composition, to which none of it applies :o

One question though, is the dust in the render 3D or was done in post?

Toprow stuff Sandeep! Love the form and details.