ZBrushCentral

Bezier curve brushes? Is this possible/scriptable?

Hi Everyone!, Ever since I first tried the curve brushes I realized how great they were for creating various types of meshes for hair or whatever.
But I always hated the way we are required to edit them, having to drag the end points to re position them, unexpected twisting of the curves while doing so, it’s so annoying, and makes it harder to edit them with this currently very limited control method.

What if we could edit the curve brushes with the help of bezier curves, with anchor points and handles that are extremely helpful and provide absolute control of the shape of the curve, just imagine how convenient would this be if it was integrated as an additional method for editing curve brushes!

That’s why I’m posting here in the ZScripting forum, to ask experienced zscripters if such thing it’s possible.
Below I attach a concept image of the idea.

Attachments

tool.jpg

2 Likes

It’s a very nice idea - and a great graphic showing the concept! I agree it would be great to have more control over curves. Sadly this is way beyond the scope of zscript - it would need to be coded into ZBrush itself.

Initialize panel for a bunch of primitives have ‘curve window’ adjust panes and there’s a nice brush that inserts curves. Marry them :wink:

Doug, that’s a great suggestion. Often hoped to have more control over curves.
Pixo, do you see that?
Cool:cool:

thank you for the answers! yeah, It’s a shame that zbrush does not offer currently more control over the curves, I hope pixo would see my suggestion, I’m completely sure this tool would be super handy for everyone!

Very good idea was thinking the same

1 Like