Default Skull

Hi everyone,

I wanted to introduce myself... I've been a member of the Forum for a while now but this is my first time posting work. This is a skull that is as anatomically accurate as possible, including every fissure and foramina to the best of my knowledge. Each bone is a separate SubTool so that the whole thing could be virtually dissectable when exported to the web.

Critiques welcome! Thanks

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

The scale of the teeth seems too small, which give a strange overall impression on the whole skull (at least for me). Also the upper and lower teeth have usually a beter 'sealed' form, if you know what I mean (I don't know the right term) the high point of the upper teeth filling low point of the lower one and vice versa.

Hi there and welcome.

I think the skull looks great. Color works really well. The fine details are fantastic.

Two minor comments:

The size of the teeth look to be a little small.

The width of the base of the mandible (the ramus) appears to flare out too wide. I attached an image from the googles that might show what I mean.

Minor changes that you can make quickly.

New Member Follow User Gallery

Thanks a lot for the feedback guys, really helpful. Teeth and rami are on the radar

Great job on taking on this task. It is coming along well. The cross section cuts look nice. One question though, do you have a frontal sinus cavity in the model, or did you decide that you did not want one for this model?

New Member Follow User Gallery

Hi Daniel,

I did include the frontal sinus, maxillary sinus, sphenoidal sinus, ethmoid air cells, and mastoid air cells. The frontal sinus is bilateral in my model so it's not visible in the sagittal section. I should add it to that view though.

I thought you might have it in there but it was not clear from the image. Great job again.