ZBrushCentral

Angel Di Maria

Everything from sculpting to texturing to rendering, all done in Zbrush.
salmanijaz.cgsociety.org

Attachments

Angel-Di-Maria2.jpg

Everything looks amazing. How did you make hair look like that i ZBrush?
So cool.

great work man.yeah,would like to know how you did the hair.:wink:

Man it’s not correct trying to fool peoples… at least tell what you did and what you did not…

you made a sculpt and did a projection of that picture on it … … at least don’t pretend it’s all Zbrush. You should say you did a projection of that picture on your model in Zbrush…

Angel-di-Maria-(3).jpg

Amazing job !
I hope you will share more about this,
congratulations Salman ^^

ps: I am not agree with you Big Guns. Using projection Master does not mean he fool anybody !!??
In my modest opinion it is a piece of art, but it’ s me ^^

anyway,

if you are like me/us and you want to see more, just ask him for more infos, and maybe, if he wants & have time, maybe he will answer us,
no ?

My limited knowledge of zBrush, and projection master an all that, keeps me from understanding if this is a major accomplishment or not. It looks like great work to me. And I can not believe simply projecting a photo onto sculpt will yield such a result, without a ton of skillful work involved. but at the same time because I’m unfamiliar with that, I can’t say it wouldn’t. I’d like to one day create a face sculpt as nice as this tho.

markantonik : Jeez… Read the first 2 comments man… peoples THINK HE MADE THE HAIRS IN Zbrush… if that is not misleading what else it is … there is no hair on this portrait… only photomap base on a base mesh… even the highlight and all the skin details are coming from the picture… cmong… with projection master it take literally 2 mins to project this pic on the 3d model… it’s not like hand painting a skin texture, doing true eyebrows, true hairs etc …

Looks like the head was sculpted and the pic was stamped on it , would be great if we can see a wireframe , and share some fibermesh settings .

this work suck if it is only a projection. I can project this pic on the sphere
and get the same result.

Yep he’s totally lying about it, he’s been saying he hand painted all the textures and made the hair in ZBrush on all social media outlets and he keeps saying he’ll upload more angles but doesn’t…
Seeing his progress in his facebook page prior to this final picture shows how different is the original sculpt from the final result.

I thought the hair were fibers ;(

If you can show us different angles and untextured version it would be cool because you made some ppl mad here :wink: (me not).

I think projecting texture straight from photo is very comon. If the model is good itself, it’s ok to use scans, simulations, photos and everything that can speed up and make work better, if you aiming for ‘commercial’ success.

If not, only drawing would be not cheating, because you have to render everything by hand, nothing is calculated.
Imo.

If you want to learn something, don’t take shortcuts. Shortcuts are for professionals in their professional work.
Imo.