ZBrushCentral

WIP Little Red

Now that 4r7 has Zmodeler I am finally getting some results in my hard surface sculpting. Not to mention the ease of Keyshot in getting quick renders.

This is a project I have been working on for a couple of hours a day for the past week.

Everything done in Zbrush and rendered in Keyshot for Zbrush. No post on this one. A total of 12 million points taken to Keyshot with the push of a button - Love 4r7!!

Attachments

LittleredHelmtest2.jpg

Did a full render in Keyshot and some color correction, levels, and sharpening in photoshop.

Kind of sucks that you can’t do a zdepth from keyshot with Keyshot for zbrush so I rendered with DOF.

Any one know of a workaround to get zdepth from Keyshot?

I think I’m done modeling. Still want to tweak some textures and I noticed some paint details on the skin that I need to add - I added them a few times but they got painted over when I changed color schemes and I forgot to add them.

The light in the helmet added a long time to the render. I think I will take it out.

Attachments

littleRed_Eve_sm.jpg

And my final version without the Helm Light.

Took about 20 hours over six days. Including design and figuring out how to use zmodeller.

Attachments

LRedHelmFinPost2_sm.jpg

Looks great love the visor

Thanks. It actually only took a few seconds to build -thanks to the Zmodeler!

I just pulled a piece off the helmet - so I knew it would line up - and then pulled out some more to shape the visor. Stuff that took me an hour (trying to polish stuff or build meshes in Blender transfer resize and line up) takes a few seconds using 4R7.

Hey looks great man. good job.
Quick question.
you said 12million points. how well did that run in keyshot?
i just took a scene totaling 8 million points into keyshot today and i could barley doing anything.
What are your Specs (mainly interested in your cpu)? You using PC or mac?

Thanks.

It takes a little while to transfer - I never actually timed it but about 3-5 minutes when transfering the final subtools. I usually just took a break when I updated.

I usually had Zbrush and keyshot (of course) photoshop and some explorer windows all up at the same time.

64 bit windows 7
I7- 2600
16 gigs of ram.

I had to use about 6 cores to get Keyshot to work smoothly. Sometimes there was a bit of lag. But mostly it worked without a hitch. In the end I wasn’t really moving things around either - I all ready had the cameras and the model set up. But sometimes zooming in and out would lag. If I had wanted to do more exploration for camera angles I would have transfered the subtools ay lowest subdiviion levels and it goes much faster.

Just did a test - set everything to lowest subdivision with subtool master and it might have been a little faster to transfer, but the model is a lot easier to move around. when from about 13 million to 22,000 pints. Worked smooth with only 2 cores.

yea i got plenty of ram (32gb), but my cpu is seriously lacking.
Ive got a 4core AMD. no hyperthreading. i think its like 3 ghz (not currently at my comp).
It took me about 8minutes or so to tansfer 8 million points to keyshot using the bridge.
once in I could do a little. i rotated the model plenty. have to wait about a minute or two between each stroke :confused: . that includes zooming in and all that.
and its uber pixelated, which is fine, keyshot renders over time. But i will note that the pixelation of course goes down a lot faster on smaller models.
It was “workable” if you have a LOT of patience.
Ive actually been saving for a cpu since they first announced 64 bit zbrush. just wanted to know for sure that itll help.
im gonna be getting an 8core hyperthreaded (16core), intel i7 very soon. now that I know you can run keyshot smoothly Im that much more excited to get it!!!

Thanks again! And awesome model! Happy Zbrushing!

Made another sighting.

I thought I was done - but I didn’t have anything to render last night from my other project so I decided to do another render to fix the scratches on his helmet.

Did do a different angle.

Sinceit’s so much more effort to pull mats from keyshot - I decided to use photoshop’s quick selection tool and refine mask. Those have come a long way! I couldn’t believe how well they work. I made selections in seconds instead of the minutes it used to take.

I did have one more thing I wanted to build for this guy - He even has hands, but I think that will have to wait for another time.

I haven’t done a lot of hard surface stuff before - not compared to the amount of busts and figures I have done.

The helmet and clothes were a learning experience.

But now with 4r7’s Zmodeller I am going to do a LOT more hard surfaces.

Attachments

Final_WalkinWoods_ren.jpg