1. #1

    Default First post: Ragnosaur

    Hello everyone, this will be my very first post here on Zbrush Central. I've been trying hard to get my zbrush skills up to par and would like to share some work in progress.

    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Render-1.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	488.1 KB 
ID:	446132   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Render-2.jpg 
Views:	353 
Size:	475.8 KB 
ID:	446133  

  2. #2

    Default

    Closer look at some of the details.


  3. #3

    Default

    Here is the edge flow for this creature. 90% of work is thanks to the awesomeness of ZRemesher. The other 10% was done in Topogun.


  4. #4

    Default

    Some prior work in progress, just getting some details down and making a few iterations at this point.


  5. #5

    Default

    Here is some simple sketch work. Made a number of iterations before finally sticking with this concept.


  6. #6

  7. #7

    Default

    Thank you!

  8. #8
    Senior Member Follow User Gallery
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    264

    Default

    Looking good,mate. Welcome to the forum.

  9. #9
    New Member Follow User Gallery
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    2

    Default

    this is awesome. I like it

    but, I'm really curious about texturing process......
    did you paint it from zbrush?

  10. #10
    Senior Member Follow User Gallery
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    1,476

    Default

    Awsome creature, amazing texture work, and the colours work (loving the close up shot).
    http://dragondragon.deviantart.com/
    "The belief that there is only one truth, and that oneself is in possession of it, is the root of all evil in the world".
    Max Born, Born 1882, German physicist and mathematician- Instrumental in the development of Quantum Mechanics.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Follow User Gallery
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,600

    Default

    Welcome to ZBC! Great first post!!
    "Whoever controls the media, the images, controls the culture." - Allen Ginsberg

  12. #12

    Default

    Thank you for the kind words.

  13. #13

  14. #14
    New Member Follow User Gallery
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Impressive work.

  15. #15

    Default

    Thank you.

    Texture work
    I did some rendered stills out of zbrush and brought those images into photoshop to do color overlays, and later used the final result as reference. I Also used the normal maps that was create from projection to extract maps from using NDO. These maps I used to help get more detail and variation for the color map. I would import everything within mudbox and do all my texture work there.

    This image is from photoshop and what I finally went with.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •