ZBrushCentral

Zmodeler-Zbrush Tutorial 'Plasma Bolter'

In this series of videos I go over the entire process, in-depth, of modeling a Warhammer 40K Plasma Bolter using Zmodeler in 4R7.

This is a long, 14 part, tutorial and covers a lot of tips and techniques for box-modeling. It is a beginner series aimed at those new(or novice) to Sub-D modeling.

<iframe width=“560” height=“315” src=“https://www.youtube.com/embed/videoseries?list=PLFR9irzqqKRq7WuCGNac0mm4FND2qh-mf” frameborder=“0” allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thank you for sharing!

Heading over to watch the rest, changing the floor colour very cool idea. Thanks.

P.s I’ve missed the Irish accent, lived in Limerick for a couple of years.

thedust: No problem. Hope it’s useful.

Wyattfox: Ha! I would never miss the Limerick accent. :slight_smile: I’m living in Western Aus the last few years. No shortage of Irish or Kiwi accents over here.

glad you’re finding the Tuts helpful. Cheers.

ah will watch this! Im irish too. Knew your Limerick accent straight off.
Thanks The tutorial is great!

Thanks for the comment Aurum. Hope it’s useful.

Although if you were Irish you’d know that my accent is a Dublin accent. As different from a Limerick accent as Chinese is to Latin! :slight_smile:

I tried to watch it, but my traditional art background and concept art background kept me from viewing the whole video…they are two types of 3d artist, technical artist( planing , and very good at puzzles), and concept 3d artist (we jut move stuff around and clean it up later)…

as I watched your video I kept thinking why did you do that, you could of just did this instead, But your end results came out so clean.

@Thebest12 I don’t always work like that. This was the first time I ever created anything hardsurface in ZB, and the first time using Zmodeler! And on top of that…I had to do it whilst creating a tutorial. :slight_smile:

Also, it’s squarely aimed at new/novice modelers with little or no sub-D experience. And whether we like it or not, sub-D modeling is all about the technical. :slight_smile:

I suppose I used it as a ‘deep end’ learning experience myself. Cheers for the feedback.

What a treasure chest your Youtube page is!

I’ll watch your movies - it is always good to observe how someone works, and if someone asks for tutorials, you’ll be on the list of the suggested ones.

thanks again!

You spend a lot of time masking vertices and then inverting the selection in order to move the points. That makes me wonder if there is any kind of hidden ZBrush feature that allows you to start in “unmask” mode. Similar to the way you can toggle Zadd/Zsub.

I guess Ctrl-A and Ctrl-Click-Hold-Alt would work but that’s still a bit tedious.

@Erik Heyninck - thanks for the kind words. Glad you’re finding it useful. Any fan of Leonard Cohen and my tutorials is a friend of mine. :slight_smile:

@Cross22 - Yeah, at first I was horrified that this was the case coming from a long modeling love affair with 3dsMax. But it’s actually pretty fast once you get in the swing of it. The making of this tutorial was also me in real-time learning this technique as I modeled. I hadn’t really practiced it beforehand much. There’s also a great targeted masking tool in Zmodeler plus the move and slide tools, so it becomes pretty intuitive pretty quickly.

trying to get the hang of it this zmodeler

Love your tutorials! It’s wonderful that you take the time to explain everything in detail. Very informative!
I picked up your armor brush set on gumroad, it rocks! Thank you, and keep up the great work!

Thanks for your support Ty. I’m actually enjoying the process of explaining while I’m creating. It has been a great learning experience for myself.

Glad you’re enjoying the Armour Brush. I think you’ll find that it’s Zbrush that rocks! :slight_smile: