ZBrushCentral

Starting to have fun with zModeler

For the past few nights I have wrestled with zModeler, trying to learn it’s use and quirks. With a bit of help from 3DS Max along the way I am finally getting the hang of it I think. Here is the first part of my project. As you can see it is very clean and I finally have the model behaving itself (I had trouble keeping the faces absolutely flat).

I still have to do the front and 4 side panes of glass but it’s late and I am tired :confused:

One small bit of weirdness - I ended up exporting the model as a FBX rather than using the keyshot bridge as I kept getting strange results from the glass as seen below, specifically the 2 rear panels - there appear to be diagonal lines running through them. It’s the exact same model, so not sure what is going on there.

Attachments

Canopy1.jpg

Canopy1_badGlass.jpg

ZModeler is fun, isn’t it. :slight_smile:

Small update, still working on this - albeit quite slowly

Looking good, Gary! :slight_smile:

I’ll be watching to see where you go with this!

I’m still trying to get a handle on ZModeler myself. Much to learn, and little time. So it goes.

Nice snow speeder :wink:

The initial shape made me understood how this is build. Doesn’t look like it, but this piece is hard geometry work.

Nice!!! looking forward to the end result, May the ZForce Be With You!

Thanks for the comments so far. Sorry it’s slow going but steadily making progress. I want to make sure I hit all the major shapes before I start adding details.