Senior Member Follow User Gallery

I am terrified by what i just had discovered now about Zbrush.
    I develop a plugin and for that i am building a dll on my own, and I must to say it was a very confusing experience.
    I always thought it was because of my dll, andits code if, zbrush prevent me from deletting my dll after i call a function from a zbrush plugin
    it just impossible to build my dll, copy it in my plugin directory structure and then just try it
    because zbrush never let the dll to properlly detach the process.
    so its just impossible to overwrite the existing file I ought to reboot zbrush for that
    i thought it was my code, but that wrong, it Zbrush's Code or i have a big issue with my zbrush installation.
    I tested that out with decimation master, it just impossible to delete DecimationMasterDLL.dll from decimation plugin fodler,
    if you invoke the dll from decimation right from zbrush decimation plugin with process current and decimate current.

Marcus please helpme it seems to be a big huge issue with zbrush.
    Plugins & Toolsets for Zbrush 4R8 : zCycler Pro | Plugin Manager |Matiere 3d | Twitter | @Facelessmindz

it finally just myself who is bugging, i just prepared my project to run zbrush with the debugger, then i open and close when i stop the debug mode
    Plugins & Toolsets for Zbrush 4R8 : zCycler Pro | Plugin Manager |Matiere 3d | Twitter | @Facelessmindz

Moderator Follow User Gallery

Yes, as far as I know this has always been the way it works with ZBrush - the dll is not unloaded until ZBrush closes. I don't know why it works that way but presumably something to do with plugins and memory allocation.

thank you Marcus for the confirmation, i noticed that when i see the log in my debugger.
    also i can't say how many time the ZFileutils64.dll is loaded at startup, it depend how many plugin use it. don't you think something could be done to improve the loaded resources.

Also my code and project can compile with CMake now, i am just not sure if it would compile the the current settings of the project for MAC OS.
    Have you take a look at the github repo ? what you think if we push so stuff there so it can benefit to everyone who want to start a plugin project for zbrush ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12