ZBrushCentral

metal sculptures

For the previz of my metal sculptures I use ZBRUSH and since the Keyshot-Bundle I am finally able to visualize different paintings and how it will look in several environments.

I start in 2D with Sketchbook Pro - then I vectorize and clean the letters before I extrude them in Blender. I then export it as an .obj File to bend and arrange the letters in ZBRUSH - the visualization is only a button away to transfer it to Keyshot.

When I am happy with the result I send the DXF files of the letters to a factory that cuts out the letters in 10mm metal with a laser. Next step is to bend the letters, assemble and weld it all together before I paint the sculpture.

Some sculptures where made with a rusty look - others with a high glossy paint.

Those final sculptures are displayed in galeries like the STREET ART GALLERY in Dubai or the URBAN ART BIENNIAL in Germany.

Thanks for watching.

ZBrush

Keyshot - with Backplate image of a gallery I am working with

Keyshot previz - colorstudy

final metalsculpture - 900 x 400 x 300 mm

ZBrush model

final sculpture 900 x 400 x 300 mm

Attachments

Hope_ZB.jpg

HOPE_new.jpg

INTERSECTION01_VISEone.jpg

post_intersection.jpg

bow2-zb.jpg

THEBOWII_VISEone.jpg

Here’s another one which is 1900 x 400 x 400 mm and around 70 kg

post_thebowweb.jpg

regular_bowI_web.jpg

For my upcoming book I rendered a few sculpture designs in KEYSHOT which I created in ZBrush.
Worked like a charme - Backplates are images I took of an iron works which is now a museum where the URBANA RT BIENNIAL took place this year and pulled over 100000 visitors in 4 months.

I adjusted light and environment to match lighting and rendered it.

first image: “NO LIMIT!” exhibited at the URBAN ART BIENNIAL
second image: Render in Keyshot (sculpted and assembled in ZBrush)

post_nolimit.jpgpost3_WRAPPED.jpg

next images: different renderings

VISEone---Off-The-Wall-4_web.jpgVISEone---Off-The-Wall-6_web.jpgVISEone---Off-The-Wall-16_web.jpgVISEone---Off-The-Wall-17_web.jpg

nice work!:+1: