ZBrushCentral

The Order 1886 Team Post

Hey everyone!

My name is Adam Skutt, I’m the character lead over at Ready at Dawn.

A bunch of us wanted to share some of our artwork with the Zbrush community. This was a great project to work on, there were so many talented artist involved in creating these assets.
All of these images were rendered in Keyshot and sculpted in Zbrush
Scot Andreason did the hair cards for Lakshmi,
Majid Esmaeili sculpted the male glove and the weapons holster that was shared
by most characters.

If anyone has any questions feel free,

beware of nudity!

Enjoy!

Galahad high poly renegade
renegade.jpg

Galahad head and knight gorget sculpt
galahad head.jpg

Galahad prisoner head sculpt
prisoner head.jpg

Lakshmi high poly
laksmhi.jpg

This is the sculpt of the Elder Lycan, Jordu Schell and Tobi Kwan created the concept
elder lycan.jpg

Lycan Soldier sculpt, concept by Jordu, Tobi - and I had a some input as well for musculature and anatomy
lycan soldier.jpg

Lord Hastings head high poly, base and wrinkles sculpted by me. Blendshapes by Darcy Korch
hasting wrinkle.jpg

Hasting nude body seen briefly in game. Hands were sculpted by Darcy Korch
hastings_front_nude.jpg

hastings_back_nude.jpg
artstation

Facebook

Attachments

renegade.jpg

galahad head.jpg

prisoner head.jpg

laksmhi.jpg

lycan soldier.jpg

hasting wrinkle.jpg

Figure_HighRez.jpg
Mysterious Figure Sculpt

Figure_Bust_02.jpg
Mysterious Figure Head Sculpt

Devi_HighRez.jpg
Devi Sculpt

Wrinkle_01.jpg
Tesla Wrinkle Map Sculpt. Head base sculpt by Eiad Dahnim. Blend shapes by Sony VASG

Wrinkle_02.jpg
Tesla Wrinkle Map Sculpt. Head base sculpt by Eiad Dahnim. Blend shapes by Sony VASG

Wrinkle_03.jpg

Facebook
Artstation
Website

Attachments

Wrinkle_03.jpg

Wrinkle_02.jpg

Wrinkle_01.jpg

Hi,
My name is Scot Andreason, I am Lead Material Artist at Ready at Dawn Studios. I created textures and materials for many of the characters in The Order:1886. I also handled modeling and texturing the character’s hair.

Characters modeled by Adam Skutt, Jarad Vincent, Eiad Dahnim, and Mansu Kim. Shared gloves and holster modeled by Majid Esmaeili.

Here is a selection of my work. Enjoy!

Lakshmi

Devi

Malory
(face textures by Jo Watanabe)

Hastings

Attachments

Hi!

My name is Brandi Parish and I am a texture artist at Ready at Dawn Studios!

I worked on the materials and textures for the following characters’ face and clothing, as well as modeled and textured the hair!

The characters were modeled by Adam Skutt, Mansu Kim, and Eiad Dahnim.
The gloves and holster on Galahad’s Infiltration costume were modeled by Majid Esmaeili.

Galahad Prisoner

galahad_prisoner_portrait.jpg

galahad_prisoner_full.jpg

Galahad Infiltration

galahad_infiltration_portrait.jpg

galahad_infiltration_full.jpg

galahad_infiltration_tattered_full.jpg

Augustus

augustus_portrait.jpg

augustus_full.jpg

Attachments

galahad_prisoner_portrait.jpg

galahad_prisoner_full.jpg

galahad_infiltration_portrait.jpg

galahad_infiltration_full.jpg

galahad_infiltration_tattered_full.jpg

augustus_portrait.jpg

augustus_full.jpg

These are some of the characters I did for the game.

eiad-dahnim-ala-final-001.jpg
eiad-dahnim-shotgunner-001.jpg
eiad-dahnim-shotgunner-002.jpg
eiad-dahnim-heavy-final2.jpg
eiad-dahnim-aug-final-head.jpg
eiad-dahnim-augustus-final-head.jpg
eiad-dahnim-ala-final-head.jpg

Attachments

eiad-dahnim-ala-final-head.jpg

eiad-dahnim-aug-final-head.jpg

eiad-dahnim-heavy-final2.jpg

eiad-dahnim-shotgunner-002.jpg

eiad-dahnim-ala-final-001.jpg

more …
eiad-dahnim-sniper.jpgeiad-dahnim-tesla-final-head.jpgeiad-dahnim-tesla-costume001.jpgeiad-dahnim-tesla-costume002.jpgtesla-lab-costume-final-001.jpgtesla-lab-costume-final-002.jpgvamp-corps-final.jpg

Attachments

eiad-dahnim-sniper.jpg

eiad-dahnim-tesla-costume002.jpg

eiad-dahnim-tesla-final-head.jpg

tesla-lab-costume-final-001.jpg

Here are a few more characters I worked on textures/materials and hair for.

Characters modeled by Adam Skutt, Jarad Vincent, Eiad Dahnim, and Mansu Kim. Shared gloves and holster modeled by Majid Esmaeili.

Lafayette
(head and costume model by Majid Esmaeili)

Elder Lycan

Elder Lycan -Alastair

Attachments

My name is Hisae ‘Jo’ Watanabe.
Here are some of my character texture and material work from The Order: 1886. Isabeau and Galahad’s hair were done by my fellow artists Scot Andreason and Brandi Parish and character modeling by Adam Skutt, and Jarad Vincent. Majid Esmaeili sculpted the male glove and the weapons holster that was sharedby most characters.
I’m very lucky to work with many extremely talented artists in this project.

Galahad Knight Costume
galahad_knight_full.jpg

galahad_knight_portrait.jpg

Galahad Renegade Costume
galahad_renegade_full.jpg

galahad_renegade_portrait.jpg

Mysterious Figure

Lycan Soldier
lycan_soldier.jpg

Attachments

galahad_knight_full.jpg

galahad_knight_portrait.jpg

galahad_renegade_full.jpg

galahad_renegade_portrait.jpg

lycan_soldier.jpg

Galahad infiltration highpoly.
plr_infiltration.jpg

Augustus highpoly.
augustus.jpg

Lord hasting highpoly.
hastings.jpg

Attachments

plr_infiltration.jpg

I love seeing professional work! This is some excellent stuff guys! :+1:small_orange_diamond:sunglasses:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Hey! My name is Daniel Peteuil and I am one of the character artists at Ready at Dawn who worked on The Order 1886. I was the last character artist to join the project so much of my work was touch ups and technical stuff, but I was able to hop into zbrush for some of these fun assets. It was great working with a great team of talented people!

Galahad’s Blackwall Yard shirt: I was responsible for sculpting the wrinkle maps and refining the base sculpt to work better for wrinkle maps and deformation.

Base sculpt was created by Fabricio Torres, then fit for Galahad and his gear by Jarad Vincent.

1886_bwy_shirt_wrinkles_back.jpg

1886_bwy_shirt_wrinkles_front.jpg

I sculpted the highlighted garments on these civilians. The upper left shawl with fringes was sculpted by hand, the others were first draped in Marvelous Designer. The darkened Garments were sculpted by Fabricio Torres, with some help on the hats from Dmitry Parkin.

I worked extensively on the Civilian characters for The Order:1886, creating high and low poly assets, adjusting existing assets and creating an efficient standardized uv layout for versatility.

1886_shawls_front.jpg
1886_shawls_back.jpg

I also worked on some statues.

1886_military_statue_side.jpg
1886_military_statue_front.jpg
1886_lion_statue_side.jpg
1886_lion_statue_front.jpg

Attachments

1886_shawls_front.jpg

1886_shawls_back.jpg

1886_lion_statue_side.jpg

1886_bwy_shirt_wrinkles_front.jpg

1886_bwy_shirt_wrinkles_back.jpg

You guys did an amazing job on the game! Keep up the great work and looking forward to sequels! :smiley:

This is Hisae ‘Jo’ Watanabe again with some additional character texture and material work from The Order: 1886. Character modeling by Eiad Dahnim and Majid Esmaeili sculpted the male glove and the weapons holster that was sharedby most characters.
Enjoy!

Alastair
alastair_full.jpg

alastair_portrait.jpg

Isabeau Knight Costume
isa_knight_full.jpg

isa_portrait.jpg

Isabeau Infiltration Costume
isa_infiltration_full.jpg

isa_infiltration_portrait.jpg

Tesla
tes_portrait_full.jpg

tes_portrait.jpg

Attachments

alastair_full.jpg

alastair_portrait.jpg

isa_infiltration_full.jpg

isa_infiltration_portrait.jpg

isa_knight_full.jpg

isa_portrait.jpg

tes_portrait_full.jpg

tes_portrait.jpg

Hi all,

This is Nathan Phail-Liff, Art Director at RAD. The latter half of production I was helping out much more with lighting than modeling, but below is a sample of some of the ornate uniform cording and rope that I created to be used for the various knight combat and ceremonial uniforms. I used a combination of modeling, uv, and tiling displacement map tricks to create these pieces very rapidly in zbrush, and worked out a system of generating tiling ribbon materials, mapped to tiered lod cross section with alpha test edges to give the low poly in-engine strips a more convincing sense of 3d form and imperfections in edge quality.

Any of these cording details could be lofted along arbitrary curves in maya to quickly generate high quality, game ready uniform details, and these same ribbons were also then baked down into the underlying costume material, so at distances the extra cording detail and draw calls could completely disappear. This same technique could also be used to send these same lower res poly strips right back to zbrush, where the same uvs could be used with a height map to displace them right back into more complex sculpted detail.

In the sample image below showing the usage on the characters, I did the aiguillette modeling and arrangements for Lafayette and Galahad. The grooming of the other ribbon curves for Galahad, Isabeau, and Lafayette were done by their respective character modelers, Adam Skutt, Eiad Dahnim, and Majid Esmaeili.

Attachments

Hi all,

My name is James Tran. I modeled the majority of weapons and items on The Order:1886. Here are a few of the renders:

thermitegun.jpg

sniper_rifle.jpg

galahad_blade.jpg

combo_rifle.jpg

blackwater_vial.jpg

Attachments

sniper_rifle.jpg

galahad_blade.jpg

combo_rifle.jpg

This is Hisae ‘Jo’ Watanabe.
Here are more samples of my texture and material work for some of the weapons and items from The Order: 1886.
The weapons and Blackwater Vial below are modeled by my first cubicle mate, James Tran, who I have known nearly a decade at Ready At Dawn.

Hero Blade
hero_blade.jpg

Blackwater Vial
blackwater_vial_knight.jpg

Thermite Gun
thermitegun.jpg

Lightning Gun
lightninggun.jpg

Attachments

lightninggun.jpg

blackwater_vial_knight.jpg

hero_blade.jpg

thermitegun.jpg

I worked on the material and textures for the following guns!

The guns were modeled by James Tran.

TS-29 Magnetically Assisted Cannon

TS-29_Magnetically_Assisted_Cannon.jpg

Repeating Arbalest

repeating_arbalest.jpg

Duelist Revolver

duelist_revolver.jpg

Attachments

TS-29_Magnetically_Assisted_Cannon.jpg

repeating_arbalest.jpg

duelist_revolver.jpg

Hi,
Below are a selection of guns I created materials and textures for. All models were created by James Tran.

M2 ‘Falchion’ Auto-Rifle

combogun.jpg

M84 Marksman Carbine

sniper_rifle.jpg

M85 Automatisch

assault_rifle.jpg

‘Three Crown’ Coach Gun

tripplebarrel.jpg

Attachments

assault_rifle.jpg

combogun.jpg

sniper_rifle.jpg

tripplebarrel.jpg

Hi everyone,

My name is Juan Hinojosa. Here are some of the prop sculpts I made for The Order:1886.

Attachments

Absolutely beautiful work!