ZBrushCentral

Game of Thrones Fan Art - Cersei Lannister

Hi everyone, I recently went through Frank Tzeng’s gumroad on likenesses, and thought that Lena Headey as Cersei would make an excellent study. She’s fantastic at subtle, and not so subtle facial acting. I had to give her likeness a shot.

I decided to use this project to really explore all of the zbrush tools that I hadn’t used extensively before, so each part began as a dynamesh sphere. All hair is either sphere tubes (eyelashes and eyebrows) or fibermesh. Definitely my first big fibermesh project, and that hairstyle was no joke to try to recreate, I think I ended up with about 30 or so fibermesh subtools. All rendering was done in BPR. It lead to a lot of new, useful, custom matcaps which I’ll try share soon. I was also able to make use of polypaint to handpaint the print you see on her dress. I painted the Lannister Crest in black and white onto a Plain3D, then converted it to an alpha which I used in Noisemaker to get that pattern. I’ll try to post some breakdown and process images sometime this week.

I did end up using topogun to retopo once I was happy with my base forms since I intend to make a low res version next. I used Photoshop to composite the final images.

Anyway, I really enjoyed making this. I hope you enjoy it too. I still intend to make a color version soon so any crit is very welcome.

Attachments

Cersei_Necklace_tim_mrozek_Closeup_01.jpg

Woooooow.just wonderful.love everything about this piece.;):wink:

Hey, thanks Diablo! Gonna try to have a few more extra images from the project posted this week.

thats pretty great dude. The likeness is on point. Fantastic work!

Definitely her signature facial expression !

dannyboy315 and Ouran, thanks a lot! Really appreciate it.