ZBrushCentral

Sketchbook - Kary

Hey Guys! After Long time trying to find good courses, and working in smalls studios hoping to become a better artist… I’ve decided to try a different approach and start study by myself. In this thread I will post my models, studies, sketchs amd you’re are very welcome to look and let your opinion, your critics… Becouse there’s no better way to improve.

So I’ll start with my some of my studies

This was a study of likeness, I’m really bad at likeness so I’m trying to training my eye …

So here its my first Likeness study of the year… Its suppose to be Arya Stark … I hope it remmenbers a bit…kkkk

What do you think? Critics are always welcome!

16_04_Result01.png

My sketch of the day. The princess Mulan made with dynamesh …

MULAN_Renders01.jpg

MULAN_Renders02.jpg

Attachments

MULAN_Renders01.jpg

MULAN_Renders02.jpg

Hey man, you chose the right approach - studying by urself and pushing urself is the way to go. A quick tip - approaching likeness, first try not to go into detail - get the big shapes right. Make sure that the silhuette is right. After you got those things in the ballpark, then move to smaller details. Cheers :wink:

I’m sorry and I can be wrong, but the likeness is off. This is a usual problem of using a reference photo which has a paralell distortion.

The likeness is slightly off I agree, but studying on your own is the only way to go, study study study :wink: not far off though, good effort, keep on

BTW Arya is my fave character! :wink:

Thanks @n1agara : Nice tips! You’re right, I’ve the problem of looking for little details first. I need to fix it. KKK… Thanks a lot!

Thanks @Paul Marx : Thanks for the tips, I agree that refs distortions could be a problem. But i think the mosst problem for now is lack o pratice =P … I’ll try to impove next time =D

Thanks @roanfarley : Thanks for the support! And Arya is the best! =D

I decide that I’ll try to make an sketch for day… I hope it helps.

So here my study of the day …

What do you think?

Attachments

@Paul Marx – you’re not wrong, it is quite off–subtle–but it’s there.

It’s quite jarring if one draws faces/bodies a lot that the other can be a brother/sister/family more then the actual person.

@Karytsukino – I can point out where it is that’s wrong.

-The perceived depth of the eyes. It might be either a little too deep or a little not deep enough. Don’t take care of this till you fix everything else or else it’ll be troublesome.

-Regarding the eyes the slant on the sides for the shadow; you have it more parallel where it is actually more diagonal. Fix this first before you do the above.

-Also the eye distance – between the eyes themselves and the nose bridge – is two close but that may be due to your higher nose bridge on your model compared to the photo.

-The length of the nose and the bridge. Especially regarding the triangle arrow from the forehead sloping down into the nose. You’re is more sharp where the photo is more curved.

-The shape of the tip of the nose, it should be more bulbous instead of how you have it.

-The sides of the face–regarding the cheeks–it should be more pronounced and he also has more of a square-ish jaw. You just can’t really see it due to baby fat. But match a skeleton (square faced) ontop of his and you can easily tell it matches.

–Last of all the way his face is shaped and curved along with the chin length. Yours is too narrow and long whereas his is sharp but shorter and semi flat at the same time–since the sharpness is defined by the folds of his skin around the mouth–so just imagine his head to be more traditional anime like. That’d make it easier for you to start as a base.

Hope that helps.

The second one is really good by the way :). Nice work! Along with your 3rd!

@Swuell: Wow! Thanks a lot Swuell! Those tips will definitely help.

=D

Keep going with my daily sketchs, this one was from yesterday.
I was a bit tired to post but works continues …

This one is a tribute for Christopher Lee…

Sketch02_Post01.jpg

Sketch02_Post02.jpg

What do ya think?

Se ya o/

Attachments

Sketch02_Post02.jpg

@Karytsukino – You’re very welcome! Glad I could help! Though I do apologize for the somewhat harsh critique.

Also the latest one you posted is great! Take what you did there in the latest one–especially the feeling when you’re making the model–and apply it to the earlier model that you were having issues with and you’ll realize how to improve the model overall! :smiley:

@Swuell - No Problems! Constructive critics its helpeful for your improvement. You are always welcome to do it. =D

Sorry guys I’ve been busy, but I always try to save some time to make my sketchs.
Here’s is my daily sketch 04 . It’s an attempt to sculpt John Snow. My tribute to GOT last episode.

What do you think?

Sketch04_01.jpg

Sketch04_02.jpg

See ya o/

Attachments

Sketch04_01.jpg

Sketch04_02.jpg

Hey Guys!

How is your weekend going? Lots of work? kkkk

Here is my last sketch! I had so much fun doing this, its based on a Concept from one of my favs artists Anna Catish. Maybe I come back to give it colors. =D
What do ya think?

DailySketch_05_byKary.jpg

See ya soon o/

Attachments

DailySketch_05_byKary.jpg

very cool

Hey Guys! It’s been a while, but works never stops. Here’s a character that I’m working on for Retrogasm Competition.
I miss the deadline but I’ll keep working to finish it for my personal project. It´s AxL Low from Guilty Gear. I hope to have
some improvement soon. :+1:

Teste_Post02.jpg

Thanks @Jhon_Erick! :+1:

Hi there!

Just some update on the model.
Now his has hair and made some adjusts on his pants…
I’ll start to work on his weapon … An soon on retopology.

What do you think?

Teste_Post03.jpg

Attachments

Teste_Post03.jpg

I LOVE YOUR WORK CAN YOU DO A STEP BY STEP viDEO TUTORIAL ON MODELING REALISTIC JEANS AND DOING DETAIL FROM A FIGURE IN T-POSE IF POSSIBLE

IM A NOVICE AT ALOT OF THINGS THATS WHY I WANNA SEE YOU DO IT STEP BY STEP VIDEO TUTORIAL USING ZBRUSH TO CREATE A BASE MESH BECAUSE I NEVER SEEN IT DONE WITH ZMODELER OR DYNAMESH,ALSO TEXTURING BASICALLY SO I CAN KNO THE ORDER AND SEE IT LIVE,I ALSO HAVE A PROBLEM CREATING FRONT POCKETS AND SEAMS AND STITCHING THE LINKS BELOW SHOW REFERENCES OF KIND JEANS I WANT MADE

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod…289448906.html ,http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod…bins-jean-mens ARE REFERENCES TRYING TO MAKE CLOTHES FOR SECOND LIFE 3D ENVIRONMENT

Hi Guys!

It’s been a while… I’ve been busy lately, but I finally found some time to finish my last project.
Just to refresh … I was doing a Fan Art of AXL LOW from Guilty Gear game Series for the Retrogasm Competition.
I wasnt able to finish at time, but I didn’t want to let this project go… So here is my Final images.

I hope you enjoy it an critcs are always welcome! :wink:

AXL_ZCBeauty01.jpg

AXL_ZCBeauty02.jpg

AXL_ZCViews.jpg

AXL_ZCViewsGrey.jpg

For better resolution and a viewer you can check HERE :smiley:

Thanks =D

See ya o/