ZBrushCentral

ZStartup Master! unofficial - Information, Installation

ZStartup Master! unofficial - Information, Installation

ZStartup Master
[CLICK HERE TO GET CURRENT VERSION]
(Current Version 3.1 Updated 6/6/2016)
by: Joseph Drust

ZStartup Master is a unofficial plugin that will store settings to auto load on ZBrush Launch. If you ever wanted to have ZBrush launch with a specific Matcap selected, specific Tool selected, or a specific Brush this plugin is for you!

This plugin is unofficial.

thumbnail.jpg

Main features

• Creates a DefaultZScript Startup file with specific settings that will auto load on ZBrush launch
  • Allows for items such as Specific Matcap, Brush, and Tools to auto load at launch.

Usage/Tutorial

ZStartupMaster.jpg

//youtu.be/fyI-Tm-j7eM

Installation

**** Make sure you have updated to ‘ZBrush 4R7 P3’ or later! *****

ZBrush 4R7 32bit:
UnZip the attached ZStartupMaster_v1.1_x32.ZIP file to your \Pixologic\ZBrush 4R7\ZStartup\ZPlugs\ folder.
Restart ZBrush.
ZStartup Master will be located under the Zplugin tab.

ZBrush 4R7 64bit:
UnZip the attached ZStartupMaster_v1.1_x64.ZIP file to your \Pixologic\ZBrush 4R7\ZStartup\ZPlugs64\ folder.
Restart ZBrush.

Change Log

v1.1: Initial Public Release

Notes

I usually end up doing a few of the same things every time I launch ZBrush so I decided to automate this process. The plugin has not been tested extensively with custom UI’s so use at your own risk. If something is not working correctly after you “Install Custom Startup” just click ‘Uninstall Startup’ and it will revert the changes. If you find bugs just post them in this thread and I’ll try to fix them :slight_smile:

Trying out the Youtube usage tutorial on this one; hopefully it helps in figuring out the usage. Special thanks to marcus_civis for putting up with my relentless questions :slight_smile:

-Joseph

[CLICK HERE TO GET CURRENT VERSION]ZStartupMaster_v1.1_x32.zip (48 KB)ZStartupMaster_v1.1_x64.zip (48 KB)

1 Like

Genius! Thanks Joseph. Can’t wait to try this out!

Thanks for sharing!:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Amazing!

It would be great to have something to store just light and render settings, plz ? :D:+1:

Awesome! thank you :smiley:

Great plug-in!

I’d love to be able to turn off the “Dynamic” setting since pixo made it on by default now. Not to mention having to now hold down shift in 4r7 to turn it off. errrrr

Thank you for your time & effort in making this worthwhile script.

@nebular: Since ‘Store Current Tool’ is storing as a ZPR project file any lighting or rendering settings you set will save. So you can setup your scene with a bunch of lights, bpr filters etc
 and activate ‘Store Current Tool.’ If the options normally save with a ZPR Project file then they will be loaded on next ZBrush start.

@sasquatchpoacher: good idea! I will see about adding that option for ya :slight_smile:

-Joseph

ZStartup Master
(Ver 1.3 Updated 7/6/2015)

Installation

ZBrush 4R7 32bit:
UnZip the attached ZStartupMaster_v1.3_x32.ZIP file to your \Pixologic\ZBrush 4R7\ZStartup\ZPlugs\ folder.
Restart ZBrush.

ZBrush 4R7 64bit:
UnZip the attached ZStartupMaster_v1.3_x64.ZIP file to your \Pixologic\ZBrush 4R7\ZStartup\ZPlugs64\ folder.
Restart ZBrush.

Change Log

v1.2: Changed ‘Matcap’ to ‘Material’ in the UI (since Basic and MatCap materials can be stored.) Thanks to Daniel@lion-arts.com for mentioning.
v1.3: Added support for Disabling Dynamic Brush mode. Thanks to sasquatchpoacher for the suggestion.

Notes

Changed the UI a little and added a new option to disable Dynamic Brush Mode. As always, my coding experience is limited so if you find any bugs just post them in this thread and I’ll try to fix them :slight_smile:

-JosephZStartupMaster_v1.3_x32.zip (48.2 KB)ZStartupMaster_v1.3_x64.zip (48.2 KB)

Hello Joseph, thanks for sharing this really helpful script.
I think it would be nice to have an option to store the views you define in Document/ZApplink Properties for next startup.
Do you think it is possible to do ?
Anyways thanks again, you rule !

Hi Joseph,

Thank you ever so much for the great Plugin! It’s my go to plugin before I sign out of Zbrush! Great Stuff!!!

The latest build 1.3, I seem to be having trouble
 Once I start Zbrush it takes ages to load, I press a button and then an error comes up [Error:Zplugin:Zstartup Master;Step1:Store current tool. In:{IGet ID, "ZPlugin:
ect]. ZBrush Starts and there is another error saying cannot find a file. Plus the ZStartup Master does not show up under the plugins.

Went back to Version 1.1 and all is working well.

Thanks again for the time saving plugin!

Really appreciate all the hard work you are doing for the community and the amazing work you are doing for Pixologic!!

Bring on the Summit

Wyatt

P.s Its my 100th message (woohoo Senior Member) Couldn’t have wished for a better time to become a Senior Member

I had similar problem

I want to get rid of the problem, they must perform the basic steps look like?

I guess you mean you have the same problem and you want to know how to solve it.
Not sure if more people have the same problem but it seem probable. Then apart of uninstalling it you could try the older version as the other used said (I have not tried). Or wait a possible update of the plugin.
I had the additional problem of losing part of my settings. Not the ones from the interface but about export-import, security save, undos etc. But even it has happened at same time I can’t be certain it is from the plugin.

@Wyattfox, Altea, valencia1992:
Questions for you all:

1. What version of ZBrush are you running? 4R7 P2? P3? x64? x32?
  2. What Operating system is the issue happening in? OSX? Win7? Win8.1?
  3. Do you have any other Plugins installed?
  4. Do you have any *.txt files in your ZPlugin or ZPlugin64 folder?
  5. Did you completely remove the v1.1 ZStartupMaster_4R7x64/ZStartupMaster_4R7x32 and the ZStartupMaster_4R7 folder before installing version 1.3?

Side note: If ZBrush is taking a while to load (nothing is happening, more then likely something I wrote broke :wink: ) pressing ‘ALT’ will force the error messages to appear.

-Joseph

4r7 p3 64
win8.1
lots of other plugins, I can give a list if you want. No problems until now. Zbrush normally runs fine.
No TXT, only docx
I didn’t installed older versions before.

The error message was that it was missing a file, I think a model, the star. Not sure if it is exactly the same message as the other user as I didn’t write down.

@Altea: Try this version and see if the issue is still happening. I have not been able to reproduce the issue on my end (I have installed on 4 computers without issue :frowning: ) This is making me believe that the plugin is conflicting with another plugin. Comparing your answers with the ones Wyattfox and valencia1992 will hopefully help me in reaching a resolution (if this version is still causing the error.)

ZStartup Master
(Ver 1.4 Updated 7/10/2015)

Installation

ZBrush 4R7 32bit:
UnZip the attached ZStartupMaster_v1.4_x32.ZIP file to your \Pixologic\ZBrush 4R7\ZStartup\ZPlugs\ folder.
Restart ZBrush.

ZBrush 4R7 64bit:
UnZip the attached ZStartupMaster_v1.4_x64.ZIP file to your \Pixologic\ZBrush 4R7\ZStartup\ZPlugs64\ folder.
Restart ZBrush.

Change Log

v1.2: Changed ‘Matcap’ to ‘Material’ in the UI (since Basic and MatCap materials can be stored.) Thanks to Daniel@lion-arts.com for mentioning.
v1.3: Added support for Disabling Dynamic Brush mode. Thanks to sasquatchpoacher for the suggestion.
v1.4: Added support to allow any stored ZAppLink Views to be loaded at ZBrush Start. (Thanks to Marcus_civis for the help on this.)

Notes

To get the ZAppLink views to store all you need to do is set the views in ZAppLink as you would normally then toggle the option in the ZPlugin and run ‘Install Custom Startup’. On next ZBrush restart the ZApplink views you created will load automatically. In reference to the issues some are having with v1.3 of the plugin try this version and see if it resolves the issue.

-JosephZStartupMaster_v1.4_x32.zip (51.2 KB)ZStartupMaster_v1.4_x64.zip (51.3 KB)

Image 1616.jpg
I get this error. Not sure if it is relevant but my Zbrush is installed in e:\ instead the standard c:
After the error the plugin it not found in the Zplugin menus.

I have removed all plugins that were not present in the original installation and you are right, now it works. I will try to find out with what one is colliding but not sure if I will find out as I have many. I have noticed the duplication of the zfileutils, with an older version.

These are the extra non default files:
Folders:
NanoTileTextures_4R7
NicksToolsdata
SubtoolOrganizer_4R7
ZWelderData\

Files
ZB4 proxy buttons.zsc
LassoToggle.zsc
InsertMeshMaster.zsc
ZFileUtils.dll
ZFileUtils.lib
AdjustDFZsize_4R7_01.zsc
ZWelder.zsc
DynaMeshMaster.zsc
Axis Tool Position 4R6 update.zsc
Nudge.zsc
NicksTools.zsc
DragMaster.zsc
PolypaintModes.zsc
PanelToggle.zsc
PrintingExporter_4R7_01.zsc
CleanToolMaster_4R7x64.zsc
SubtoolOrganizer_4R7x64.zsc
NanoTileTextures_4R7x64.zsc
CopyPasteVisibleSubtools.zsc

Found it. It was one of your plugins, Nanotiles. It was an old version. I updated it to a more recent version and now both plugins work.
I wonder that with so many plugins you have would not be better to have all last versions in one place in the forum entry to be sure they are OK. I check continuously the forum and even I missed this as I was not using recently this plugin. Even going to the thread of the nanotiles you need to navigate between the different pages to find the last version and none of your other plugins are present.

In any case, thanks for your wonderful plugins!! Everything else is secondary.:smiley:

@Altea: Glad to hear you got it working =) Yeah I need to find a better system, I agree it is hard to find the updates. Some day I’ll get around to throwing everything up on Gumroad or something :slight_smile:

-Joseph