ZBrushCentral

Redbeard's Sketchbook

I don’t know what happened to my previous thread… Let like I might have accidentily deleted it… Anyways.

Here is the Skipper:
This started as a lunch crunch, and then I had way too much fun testing out some new techniques with fibermesh in ZBrush. Concept from a wonderfully talented young artist by the name of Ruby Poon.
Rendered in Keyshot.

Attachments

TheFisherman_small.jpg

TheSkipper_Grey.jpg

LOVE it! So much personality.

Fantastic!

Agree with LynneMitchell and had to stop by a d tell you this :+1:

Thanks guys! I’ll try posting some process shot of this dude shorty.

Ha, that’s cool. Looks like a still image from some animated ‘life on the Sea’ movie yet to come-:wink:

Love the ‘fluff’ on his hat and jumper. He’s delightful.

awesome. so salty :smiley:

Whoa ! Love the character

Look forward to a tutorial on this to,see how you did the materials. Excellent work. Any idea when it will be released please?

ALWAYS happy to see more rads from you man. Such a great character.

@cloptete I hoping to have it done by the end of next month.
@Duncan Fraser Thanks man, that means a lot. I’ve been a fan of yours for a while. So thank you for the inspiration!

Hey I adjusted the lighting a bit so he better fit the scene. Enjoy!

Also!!! I am running a sale on my Gumroad tutorials that ends on Friday. 30% off any tutorial!!!
Just use the code: RED30 on checkout.

TheSkipper2_small.jpg

I was going to complement you and say I liked particular parts of this piece. But then I realized that all aspects of this piece are great! Wonderful to see! Will check out your Gum Road now!

Ha! Thanks @ArtBot! My heart just cried a little. :slight_smile:

Okay! Starting your tutorials now. Looking forward to them. I wonder-- where can I find the JACcut-A brush that you use? Haven’t seen that one around anywhere?

@ArtBot All of the brushes and materials I used are included in the tutorial. Just look at the ZBrush UI files that come with the tutorial.
The JACcut brush is a custom brush that my coworker Ian Jacobs made, and it’s awesome.

Wow! What a great surprise! I started right away with watching the tutorials and didn’t even focus to unzip the project files. Much appreciated! I’m looking forward to exploring all the brushes and materials. Now I jumped in to playing with the JAC brushes first. Thank you for all the goodies!
:smiley: