ZBrushCentral

Reptile study

I’ve been using zbrush quite a lot lately. Tryin’ to finish up a lot of pastime sculpting which is pending…
This is a chameleon look-alike that is sculpted entirely in zbrush using zspheres and dynamesh, apart from retop in Maya and post work in photoshop.

Here is the final image I have come up with.

This one is a little close up.

This one is a WIP shot with original zbrush sculpt, and the retopd mesh in polyframe and the one with some polypainting on.

Attachments

final.jpg

closeup.jpg

wip_image.jpg

Beautiful work! Details are clean and crisp. Looks like a labour of love.

Nature is also a major source of inspiration for me. Keep it up.

amazing work , details are incredible my fav

hehehe makes me think of Pascal from Tangled, Great work.

I like it a lot, beautifull animal!
Since i’m new to zBrush, may i ask how you did all the little dots?

Nice work man!

Would you please let me know how to refine the two edge area of alpha brush?

Here is a screenshot showing the matter.

Thank you very much:D

Duncan Fraser Hahaha,thanks man!:smiley:

haiquh Thank you very much. I used custom alphas to make those dots.There was some spotlight technique using multiple images of the original skin of the reptile which can be easily found in the web. And I also did a lot of manual sculpting by just placing dots using clay and inflate brushes in places where previous techniques didn’t work well. It was tedious and very time consuming…but eventually,you do whatever you need to do to get the job done.

andy.chen Thank you very much. Means a lot.:smiley:

gulkan Thank you very much for the beautiful observation. :smiley:

Alex Avedis Thank you very much. About your question, I think what you can do is run smooth peaks and smooth valleys brushes all over the mesh with very low intensity. The other thing you can do is turn on cavity masking,blur it a little and then run inflate brush with low setting to make the bumps more noticeable and then reverse the mask and do some smoothing. And if you can add another subdivision just for smoothing then it can help quite a lot. And if you are planning to texture it later, then the right choice of contrast in colors for the overall body and the cracks/cavities should minimize the problem to some extent coz tricky texturing is a very good way to hiding unnecessary noises and stuff. Hope that helps!

ahh, thanks a lot trafalmadoriane! i definitly will try that too at some point! keep up the good work!

Thanks, it makes more clear now :smiley:

amazing work, really inspiring, hope to see more :+1:

amazing work

Amazing work !
Regards Jacek

tucho thank you very much mate!

karonte2 thanks a lot mate!

Jacek thanks a lot man!