Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default Graphic novel concept art

Ray Gun Girl is my bucket list graphic novel. One of my goals: create powerful engaging sequential art using 3D software to generate most of the imagery. When I started back in 2002 I used Poser, Electric image and Silo. I created 2 chapters but stopped in 2004 because of health problems.

After I recovered, I discovered ZBrush in 2006. Fascinated I decided to get up to speed with ZBrush (not really possible) and later use it to reboot from scratch RGG with MY enviroments, characters and rigs for the continuity. I plan on using some 3rd party geometry where it makes sense, but the hero characters and sets are my custom designs.

I love comics. I've had the honor of being published in Marvel's Epic magazine back in 1983. This project exists just for FUN. I've wanted to develop comic book art using tools like ZBrush that is just good comic book art. While working on this project I'll use all of the tools, traditional and digital, that make for solid storytelling.

In a way, RGG is an homage to all of the wondrous comic books I've read and enjoyed. It's also an opportunity to share what I've discovered in combining CG with traditional media to create sequential art.

The Image above is a concept. While I'm creating assets for the project, I am experimenting with look development. This image is acceptable quality and sets the minimum standard for the project. The figure is 100% ZBrush geo and textures. it was rigged and rendered using DAZ's Carrara.

I am posting project progress on my twitter feed and to this thread!

Twitter:
    https://twitter.com/DowntownWillE

Happy ZBrushing
    Cheers!

Default Spacecraft

Another concept. Villain's spacecraft. Rendered in Carrara. Model and textures ZBrush. Hubble telescope background.

Default A-GRAV Dancer

RayGunGirl: another concept as an A-GRAV dancer.