Member Follow User Gallery

Default Sketch-Tome of Hons

The last time I tried to post my work I spent an hour and a half on my backstory for an Introduction but then accidentally jumped to another page (I thought I was using a different tab) and everything I had written was obliterated!

Well I've decided to skip the backstory for now and just post some of the work I've done; mostly from classes at ZBrush Workshops.

Hope you like some of them.
    I was behind in Cesar Dacol Jr.'s class so I combined the 2 weeks togther (Insectoids & Quadrapeds) which gave me an
    Insectaur!
    I rendered these after taking Meats Meiers' class Illustration in ZBrush at ZBrush Workshops.
    I photographed a Chrome Sphere to use as the lighting environment.

I've skipped Plan A and gone directly to Plan Z!

I apologize for the disjointed posting so far.
    Not quite used to the formatting here but will learn as I go.
    In the previous post I included an unwrapped Chrome Sphere that I used as an LDR lighting environment for the Lost in Time image(the one with the Dalik).

Also for Gits & Shiggles I posed the Demo Soldier (or Crotch Boy as Paul Gaboury nicknamed him) and composited him with a photo of Meats Meiers' bike.
    I titled the illustration Crotch Boy Boosts Meats' Rocket.

The final image, in the previous post, is a Robot I composited with an LDR I shot at work.

Here is another model I rendered for Meats' Illustrating in ZBrush Class.
    The model was originally sculpted for Cesar's Creature Design Class.
    The left monitor shows an early version of my Think Tank model and the right monitor is my very first composite of my daughter pointing a sculpted gun.

Thought I'd better post a few recent images.
    6 months ago I was involved in a 3d Robot Challenge over at 3d Squirrel.
    ZBrush 4r7 came out the day of the deadline.

I should have ignored it until after I had uploaded my entry model...
    ...but I couldn't help myself and unfortunately it repeatedly crashed on me about every 2 minutes or so!

I was trying to decimate it down.
    So I couldn't get it ready in time!
    That's what I get for trying to do too much at the last minute (well the last 8 hours anyway)!

Here are some Keyshot renders of my Steampunk Robot along with a Mech Frog I sculpted in Paul Gaboury's ZBrush for Production Class; he wanted us to do creatures for a Mech Zoo.

This first image I was just goofing around.
    It was rendered in ZBrush with an HDR I got from http://www.hdrlabs.com/sibl/archive.html

The Wooster was the mascot for Gishwhes 2013 (Misha Collins' Greatest International Scavenger Hunt the World Has Ever Known).
    I used an HDR of the Chelsea Hotel which I also got from http://www.hdrlabs.com/sibl/archive.html

Another WIP of my Think Tank lit by an LDR I shot at my last job.

Finally Sluggo Gets in Line; a model I first started sculpting in Cesar Dacol Jr's Creature Design Class at ZBrush Workshops.
    I did additional sculpting in Meats' Class Illustrating in ZBrush,
    These were all rendered in ZBrush and then composited in Photoshop.

Here are some class projects from Ryan Kingslien's updated ZBrush Certification program.
    The first one is a Katana using ZModeler Brush.
    I was still very new at using this incredible new Feature.

2nd image we were supposed to use Array Mesh to create a Flower; this is my Fantasy Flower.

3rd image (I just couldn't help myself!) was another which Means named Flowering Flour.

Here are some projects I was working on for 3d Squirrel's last Outpost Challenge.
    I ended up not uploading a final model.
    Most of these images I used Glenn Patterson's Greeble Pack to help create them (thanks again Glenn!)
    I used Keyshot to render them.
    The one in space I used an HDR of the Milkey Way I downloaded from http://www.hdrlabs.com/sibl/archive.html

Continuation of last post...
    First 2 images rendered in Keyshot.
    3rd image was various ZModeler Space Stations starting with a Geodesic Sphere.
    Last 2 were of Alternate Walternate (Fringe) done in Keyshot.
    Never did quite get his likeness down!

I was looking for an image of my Mech Frog which I can't seem to find!
    But here are others as well as my Mechanoid Kitty Wampuss which I never quite completed.
    The last image I composited into a Panoramic LDR I took at the Amtrak Station in Centralia, Washington; you can view it on Google Maps here: https://www.google.com/maps/views/vi...tch=82&fovy=75

Here is a sculpt I did yesterday using Glenn Patterson's excellent workflow and Greeble Elements Pack which utilizes 4r7's awesome new Surface Noise functionality.
    I then used Keyshot to render it.

While sculpting this yesterday, I didn't know I was sculpting a variation of Richard's Negative Zone Portal but the simple circuit-like design began looking very Kirby-esque and a backstory sprang out of the Inner Space between my ears...

"Once inside the Negative Zone, Reed looked back over his shoulder, and focused his gaze through the portal which led back to his lab at the heart of the Baxter Building.
    Even though he couldn't see him, it didn't take a stretch of his fertile imagination, to see in his mind's eye Ben's face set with a very grim expression.
    'Don't worry old friend,' he said quietly, ' I'll be back before you can catch a cab to Yancy Street.'
    He then turned and continued his search."

I've also included the full model.
    I had to send less of it over to Keyshot which kept crashing until I sent Less over.