ZBrushCentral

Mortal Kombat X - X-Rays, Fatality Stumps, and Characters

Below is an art dump of my collaboration to Mortal Kombat X

MORTAL KOMBAT and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. (s15)

Attachments

solomon-gaitan-predacid.jpg

solomon-gaitan-predaskull-open.jpg

solomon-gaitan-predchewed.jpg

solomon-gaitan-predskull.jpg

QuanChi_Head_Keyshot2.jpg

QuanChi_Head_Keyshot.jpg

Quan_Chi_Alt_Pants.jpg

Amazing!!!

Thank you Daniel!

Holy Christmas… this is AWESOME… just when I finish playing, I run into this excellent piece of excellence… I definitely love the gory details… what material are you using to present the models?

HaloAnimator: Thanks! I’m using the basic grey material in zbrush for the zbrush renders. For the Keyshot renders I’m using the human skin 2 with a grey value for the color, and slight sss.

High quality work, no doubt about that.

I do have one crit though, or perhaps better: something I don’t understand. I mean: that skull without lower jaw, with the rotten skin and flesh and other gory details…it still has all the teeth in a perfect shape. Somehow that is not logical and to me it destroys the atmosphere of decay.
As I am not a gamer, I don’t know whether this just has to be so or not.

Apart from that: wow!

Erik Heyninck: Thanks for the compliments! As for the teeth, it all comes down to whether an asset works technically and aesthetically. In a lot of cases I created assets that resembled real life chewed up carcasses, but they ended up looking boring or way too gory. In the case with the teeth, it was requested, because visually it would look interesting and it would be covered in so much “in game” blood that no one would ever really notice. Also, when you add too many holes, hanging bits, and fracture too many teeth it increases the budget on an asset, and I had to take into account the many others to come. So yes it seems illogical and in some cases a lot of assets do, but we played with balance, realism, and what visually was going to look cool and not gross people out a lot.

Thanks for replying. Indeed: I have no game-creation experience at all, and I learned something important from your reply.
I visited your site, and bookmarked it for slow enjoyment later on.

1 Like

Amazing brother, Mortal Kombat is one of my favorite games

rjsmal: Thanks and happy to hear MKX is your favorite game!

Awesome work! :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

][-][4Z4R][)): Thank you!