ZBrushCentral

Ebola Virus

Hi everyone, want to show you my new artwork “Ebola Virus” that I did in Radius Digital Science

v1_t10_32.jpg

Attachments

v1_t10_32.jpg

v4_t1.jpg

v3_t1_03.jpg

v1_part.jpg

v2_t3.jpg

Attachments

v4_t1.jpg

v2_t3.jpg

v3_t1_03.jpg

v1_part.jpg

grey.jpg

Ebola_013.jpg

Ebola_016.jpg

insta2.jpg

Attachments

grey.jpg

Ebola_013.jpg

Ebola_016.jpg

insta2.jpg

Wonderful piece of science art.

stunning renders!!!
love colors, composition and lighting

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Some WIP images

Ebola_002.jpg

Ebola_005.jpg

Ebola_006.jpg

Ebola_008.jpg

Ebola_010.jpg

Ebola_011.jpg

Attachments

Ebola_002.jpg

Ebola_005.jpg

Ebola_006.jpg

Ebola_011.jpg

Ebola_009.jpg

Ebola_019_inside.jpg

Ebola_021.jpg

Ebola_020_env.jpg

Attachments

Ebola_009.jpg

Ebola_021.jpg

Ebola_020_env.jpg

environment.jpg

Attachments

environment.jpg

I visit ZBrushCentral regularly and I see many a good work, but your is just beyond belief.

The modeling is great, of course, and I sense the joy you had when the creative juices were flowing.
The composition, the colors…it leaves me speechless.
You manage to create beauty with such a fearsome subject. You even give it an alien, even crystalline effect.

It is one of my wishes that, say, Gnomon asks you to do a course for them.
I’d get it without thinking, knowing what it would be.

I wouldn’t even know where to start UV’ing this. Or do you use ptex?

Congrats!

Erik, thank you a lot, appreciate your attention!

I was asked some time ago to make a tutorial for one of my early artworks, but my English is really bad(( I’m only 2 years in USA, so may be later…

Each model structure element (subtool) was UV’d and exported separately. Also there are 2 levels of details of the same geometry. The one that is closer to camera is more detailed, the rest that is in DOF has less polys.
And all poly levels has separate UVs with own textures. Yeah, the UV’s was a challenge.

Thanks for asking :slight_smile:

Absolutely stunning work as always.

A real killer monster! :+1:

its really an amazing work !
I like…great subject:+1:

Marvelous set ! All are impressive.

quote:

" Each model structure element (subtool) was UV’d and exported separately. Also there are 2 levels of details of the same geometry. The one that is closer to camera is more detailed, the rest that is in DOF has less polys.
And all poly levels has separate UVs with own textures. Yeah, the UV’s was a challenge."

Man, this makes it even more impressive.
First retopo (in ZBrush I suppose) and the UV’ing…
I guess you use several UV maps, Udims perhaps…
If possible: could you show us one of your uv maps?

And: congrats on the very merited top-row!

Congrats on top row. I recognized the top row image as your artwork before I even saw your thread.

You never cease to amaze me with your artwork. I really enjoy seeing your work with all of its intricate details, the surface textures, glossiness, and the amazing color choices you use for your illustrations. Thank you again for sharing your work with all of us. Your training, practice, and expertise
show as vibrantly as your illustrations do.

Stunning!

Shockingly beautiful !! Again, another new dimension to ZBrush…

seriously thank you for sharing your work. you are such an inspiration for everyone here.
I must say I’ve been following your work sice you use to do flying ladies and you were such an inspiration for me.

really amazing …congratulations