ZBrushCentral

Flintlock Pistols

This is a reproduction of the Flintlock pistols used by George Washington. It’s part of a bigger project commissioned by RPmodels as part of a full character model based on the revolutionary war that will be 3d printed.

Everything sculpted in Zbrush, rendered in Keyshot and I used Photoshop for composition.

I hope you like it :slight_smile:

Attachments

flintlock-Pistol.jpg

This is really beautifull. Is this done with Zmodeler?

Can you show it without keyshot rendering, to see how its shapes of the parts are created.

Thank you Kazufumi. I used dynamesh to sculpt every single piece. Here are some pics of the decimated object.

Pistols-Views.jpg

Attachments

flintlock-Pistol.jpg

Beautiful work!

Thank you very much Francis.

decosouza​, Thank you very much for sharing different angles and without keyshot rendering version.

This is really awesome flintlock pistol. I still can’t believe you did every parts with only Dynamesh…That’s amazing.

Do you first sculpt with dynamesh then convert it into Polymesh for manipulate polygon retopology? or just sculpt with dynamism and polish surface?

Hey Kazufumi, thanks man. I just pick a primitive like a sphere or a cylinder and convert it into dynamesh and start to sculpt. A thing that I used a lot was polysh by features with opened circle to smooth the subtools. At some point I had to use ZRemesher to restructure some subtools and give me a few levels of subdivision. When I was satisfied with all the details I used Decimation Master in every subtool and then merged them all into a single one. At this point I exported to keyshot, applied all the materials and then did the render. After that I was to photoshop and made the composition with the pass of AO and the adjustments.

Thanks for your support man. :slight_smile: